My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, March 13, 2006

So very thankful...

...That I chose not to hit the 'Publish Post' on Saturday night. Normally, when I have been drinking, I'll think of something that really sounds great and be tempted to share it with others. Thankfully, I wasn't drunk enough to over-ride this function of my personality. Perhaps I've had too long of a history with Drugs and Alcohol to fully believe that the 'Gems of knowledge' I have at the time usually end up being 'something I came up with while totally smashed'? That, and the fact that I didn't post what I vaguely remember, are the things I'm thankful for today.

'Drunk posting' reminds me of 'Drunk Dialing', except no amount of negotiation can take back a phone call. If phone conversations had a 'delete' button, I might be more tempted to participate in them more often. Thankfully, I have not 'Drunk Dialed' anyone...atleast, not to my knowledge.

Moving on...
My daughter turned the big Ocho this weekend. I gave her some fun trinkets (one very nostalgic toy in particular) and a Kelly Clarkson CD. Not a lot, but it's really hard shopping for a little girl that wants everything she sees on TV. Apparently, her 'all girl' weekend was a smashing success by the fact that there were party streamers and candy littered across the house (when I took the boy home).

The Boy and I hung out all weekend at my new place. He's in love with the place and pretty much informed me that he wants to live with me. I know he's thinking that it'll be like every weekend I spend with them~full of fun and interesting things to do, but I've explained otherwise. At his age, he needs stern discipline more than anything. I'm totally prepared to have him in my daily life again, but I don't think he fully realizes that I am nothing like his mother when it comes to lifestyle. It will be a challenge I look forward to taking when the time comes considering he is 'testing' me (and others) as much as he can right now.

One major concern I have is that his mother may not be too stoked about the significantly less amount of money she'll receive if he does happen to live with me. My relationship with his mother has been nothing but exemplary (in a good way) so far, but I foresee this to be an obstacle in gaining her approval. I realize that I could just say, 'The kid's coming with me and there's nothing you can do about it', but I prefer this to be a mutual decision.

The Ex and I...
agreed a long time ago that our kids were the most important things in our lives. This agreement has produced a pretty ideal relationship with very few things for us to complain about. Since our separation (do I get points for spelling this correctly?), the Ex and I have been on very cordial terms. I attribute her continuing cooperation to her current boyfriend. We'll call him 'Ricardo' because I lack the originality to pick out a more appropriate name. Ricardo and I get along famously even though background-wise, we have almost nothing in common (with the exception of our on/off dating with Mary Jane). Ricardo keeps her in line and doesn't seem to put up with some of her more annoying quirks, so he's all good in my book. My kids adore him too, which is a huge bonus. I'm sure I'll rave about him later when I find the time.

That's enough random rambling for me today. Thanks for stopping in!

4 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

this is a very very random comment... but I thought I should warn you about linking to your blog on mine, if ya don't mind...

6:46 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Completely and totally okay LD!

Just don't bring any WoW nerds please, those guys give me the creeps ;-).

9:53 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Uh... weirdos... Do you know that you guys know each other? Just asking... and drunk blogging is easy to avoid. Just blog away, when you're done hit the Save As Draft button and review it when sober. Then you don't lose the gem (?) or get embarrassed. Good job on separate, btw.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I only know LD2 from your association with you. I figure she must be as harmless as I am or atleast have some other redeeming qualities.

The 'save draft' feature is pretty neat that way...maybe i'll be sober enough to remember it someday.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home