My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Please stop using my head as a Soccer ball...

and I promise to never say any passive aggressive things anymore..Ever.

Since the soccer players have only stopped kicking my head around only when I apply aspirin vigorously, I have decided to take back my promise. Fuck you guys, have some Gatoraid and go kick someone else's skull please.

I have not had a migraine in a while, but I'm definitely remembering the feeling of hating everything but sleep and silence. I'm trying to remember what I did to get this horrible of a headache. Since Saturday, there's been a stabbing pain in the back of my head, just behind my right ear. It's not there all the time, just every 30 to 90 seconds and the only thing that gives me relief is aspirin. My tolerance for pain meds is remarkably low, so some Tylenol is really all I need to make it so I'm not an irritable bitch.

Being sick really isn't my forte'... I'm much better at complaining about how much pain I happen to be experiencing. Suprisingly, I have kept my sense of humor despite the persisting condition. I've had close friends slap me around (proverbially speaking) and tell me to go see a doctor, but I honestly think this has to do with my sore neck and upper back.

I have a friend's girlfriend that will be able to rub my back and~OMFG she does a fantastic job at it. She's cheap too...all I have to do is offer to give her a footrub or my special 'skull massage'. The only drawback, however is that her boyfriend, one of my closest friends, has to sit there and listen to her moan and groan while my hands are firmly attached to her. His girlfriend and I have fun with it because we've grown to be close enough to have a Brother/sister type attitude. She gives me dating tips and strokes my ego while I compliment her on how nicely her pinstripe pants fit her...particularly in the rear. *smirk*

The importance of Ego Stroking among friends...

Admittedly, I have grown fond of her in a way that we mutually stroke eachothers' egos. It's one thing hearing from the one who loves you (like a spouse or a boyfriend/girlfriend), but hearing it from others really makes a difference. She reminds me that I'm charming and still good with the ladies, and I am allowed to make comments about her hotness without getting her boyfriend's evil eye. I think he realizes that he inadvertently reaps the rewards of my ego fluffing or he really trusts me...probably both.

Support personnel like this are highly important if your ego requires as much maintenance as mine does. I probably sound really high maintenance, but the truth of the matter is that I get ego strokes without asking for them, so until they go away, I'm stubbornly placing myself in the opposite end of the scale.

Keeper of dirty laundry

I promise that you don't have to worry about me falling for her because I have become her confidant. As much as I despise this role, it's one that I accept with people that trust me enough to tell me their secrets. Their trust in me thereby keeps my mouth shut out of respect and loyalty to them.

My mentor was a life-long military guy with a history that made my head spin, my skin crawl, and my heart grow just a little darker. He shared many personal stories with me as well as ones he experienced in the field. I never knew it at the time, but I think he appreciated that I never viewed him in any different light regardless of what he told me. Keeping his secrets would be the only way I could ever repay him for his wisdom besides offering him my friendship. It didn't occur to me until later that I was repaying him by listening to him divulge things he probably didn't tell many others. Getting the really dirty things off your conscience is a world of relief and I finally knew that I helped in some way. I haven't spoken to him in a long time, but his memory still influences me in many ways.

The burden of other peoples' secrets really isn't as cumbersome as you would think. Being that I am detached from it, it's just another thing I stuff in the back of the cluttered filing cabinet known as my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home