My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Danger: High Voltage
I have more to talk about than just a song stuck in my head. It's not great news, but news none-the-less.

Yours truly is now unemployed. I saw it coming, just didn't know when it was going to happen.

When my boss called me into an unoccupied conference room, I pretty much knew what was going down. I sensed something of a change in my management a few months ago. One was kind enough to tip me off that they knew I was seeking alternative employment. They knew, I knew, so I had no argument. I went quietly with my sparse belongings in tow, head hanging at half-mast.

All I had to say was 'thanks'. Seriously...I'm glad it happened because I didn't want it anymore. I held on with minimal enthusiasm, and frankly, lying about my dedication wasn't easy on my conscience. I don't like being dishonest, even when I've already justified doing it.

I'll admit that I lost this job months ago simply because I didn't comply with my management's direction (in specific circumstances). Across the board, I believe I gave my customers acceptable service. And I can walk away knowing a few of them will wince knowing that I have moved on (or so I tell myself) to greener pastures.

At best, the vengeful side of me is hopeful that my absence will severely inconvenience them until they can find a (worthy) replacement.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

I hope this means a brighter future is ahead in a job better suited for you. Fingers crossed, friend!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

For now, it means I get to sleep in and recollect the kind of working condition I'd prefer to avoid.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

We should start a club. Unemployed Bloggers.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home