My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Rich in friendship

Just when I think that my pockets are empty and I have nothing good in my life, I am, yet again, proven completely wrong.

This Saturday, I was invited over to my friends' house for the usual partaking of charring meat, the consumption of alcohol, and maybe take in the fragrance of radiated plant life. All good things and of course, who could forget the good company of people who have adopted me into their lives as surrogate family.

It's true what they say about family; you really can't choose them, you just somehow get inducted into it. Fortunately for me, my friends have adopted me and I to them. They will never leave me and I will never even consider trading them in (not even for a new porche).

So, Saturday, I am enjoying beer and the sated feeling of good food in my belly when it suddenly gets quiet around me. My friends gradually had gathered around me while I chatted away and began the murmer of the birthday song. And suddenly, the birthday song was audible and I realized that it was me who they were singing to. I can hardly explain the amount of love I felt at the time because it was just so overwelming. They put a pastry in front of me along with a few candles, then handed me a hand-made card from his daughter who had gotten everyone to sign their names on said card. Lucky for me, I held back the tears until later.

I'm feeling great today because I know I am loved and appreciated even though I don't always feel this way. It seems stupid to me how I can keep going back and forth about not being capable of loving another person.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's awesome! :)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

I am (super) late to this but I am so glad you had a good birthday!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home