My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 7 of being unemployed
The shock has finally wore off and I also recently discovered that I have an indecipherable signature. Yes, my handwriting is atrocious, but can you blame me? The reason I bring this up is because I am contemplating lending in a hand at my Son's School. I should go and find a place to practice my handwriting because, yes, even having the big awesome Internet at my fingertips isn't keeping me entertained well enough (lately).

With my life completely thrown back into 'unscheduled' mode, I'm keeping odd hours and some bad habits that I definitely need to cease before they get out of control. It's funny how being idle makes you push the proverbial envelope of sanity.

A good analogy right now would be that I'm stranded on an island. Every once in a while, I get a message-in-a-bottle of which I interact with the outside world. I still need to build a fucking boat because frankly, I'm getting tired of my seaweed/seafood/insect diet. My mental state is 'holding' which means that I'm still considering my options. Fortunately, in this analogy, I have a good deal of music to further reinforce my resolve.

Twittering seems to be a whole untapped spring of bitchin awesomeness. If I could somehow filter all the txt lngo i wud b gud 2 go
*. That was even painful to write! I have a serious neurosis** and can't do anything but analyze why it bugs me to read/write txt talk. But I digress. There's a feature that allows you to view others with Twitter apps...like in your geographic area...like on a map. It's a stalkers wet-dream come true and I really enjoy being the fly-on-the-wall. Maybe a little too much.

*"Texting Lingo, I would be good to go"
**It's seriously hard for me to read and causes me some mental pain when reading it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That map thing... it sounds interesting, what's the name of it?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

It's called 'Twitbird', an iphone app. It's the first app I've used for twitting.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home