My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, April 14, 2008

Busy doing nothing

Today, I have been busily working on the outward appearance that I'm having a productive day. As my Father once said to me, 'I've never seen anyone more dedicated to working so hard at doing nothing.' Thanks Pa, your tender reinforcement (to the face) is much appreciated. As you can guess, today is no exception.

Seriously though, my Father is probably where I get my morbid sense of humor from, although he'd never admit it to be true. I think years with him being the 'provider' has introverted his true personality. Whether he knows this or not, but he's my whole motivation for being a good Father and a good Husband. I think, in spite of my doomed marriage, I managed to make part of it come true.

Every once in a while, I like to remind myself that I'm doing a decent job of raising my kids. If it weren't for them, and frankly, I can't imagine what my life would be like without them, I may have ended up being a lazy, jobless sloth. It's funny how the burden of parenthood makes us better people. I think i'm onto something!

Not to say that being a parent is your only option for becoming a better person...I'd say Humility is the primary factor, and we all know that we can get that anywhere!

Really not on track...at all

It could've been the 3rd cup of coffee i've had in the last 2 hours, or maybe the six foot Goddess that stopped by my desk to chat with me that is making me feel so scatterbrained today. Regardless of either, I'm feeling quite unfocused, and anxious, and horny (when is that ever unusual though?). Ever have one of these days?

I suppose this means that I blog when I have nothing better to do. That's probably true.

At least I have lots of music here at work (on my computer). It definitely pays to know the IT Folk well enough to have them transfer your vast wealth of MP3s to your new system. Speaking of MP3s, I've loaded a new playlist so I don't annoy my coworkers with Fatboy Slim's 'Funk Soul Brother' which seems to always be playing. They haven't said anything about it yet, and the song still rocks like nobody's business, but I figured now would be a good time to retire it before it got old.

Here's some of the artists on my new playlist (because I can't think of anything else to write about) in no particular order of favor:
  • Ben Harper
  • Lynrd Skynard (or however the hell it's spelled)
  • Some Eagles
  • Goldfinger
  • The Doors
  • Prodigy
  • Primal Scream
  • Paul Van Dyk
  • Gustav Holst's The Planets (Jupiter is sofa king awesome)
  • Some Beethoven
  • Some Mozart
  • Edvard Grieg (nothing is cooler than having your customers comment on 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' blaring in the background)
  • Beastie Boys (no playlist is complete without some beasties)
  • Johann Strauss (I caught my daughter singing 'The Beautiful Blue Danube' and the song now has a considerable more appeal to me)
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • The Dead Kennedys
  • Oingo Boingo
I'm sure I'm missing a few, but those are the ones I felt were noteworthy. The Classical music has been something I'm playing more of lately since it keeps me distracted from an otherwise stressful work environment.

What do you listen to when you need to unwind?

Now that I've killed an hour here at work, it's time for me to take my lunch.

Have a great week, thanks for stopping in!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Devotchka has gotten me through Monday at work, Ben Folds and the esteemed Fiona Apple will likely fuel my evening foray into the Whisky Corridor.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

What do you listen to when you need to unwind?

Nothing, total silence, cause I dont get enough of that!

1:41 AM  
Blogger Utter Basketcase said...

I already agree that children can change your life for the better! I don't have any kids myself, but the whole reason why I've quit smoking and drinking is because Hubby and I are trying to have a baby!

To be honest I doubt that I could quit smoking for any other reason, well not for my own health any way!

Great taste in music!!! I love all that too!!! xx

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home