My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Conference

For the last 3 days, I have been subject to the worst torture known to man (short of finding out she's got a boyfriend/significant other): The Annual Sales Conference.

Yes, the Sales Conference was eventful in a 'I-feel-like-taking-a-nap' way. Like every situation, however, there's always some resemblance of a positive outcome. Namely, meeting a lot of really key contacts in the company. It turned out that I knew more of them than I had expected, which made for a really enjoyable social setting.

On a good note, I was at one of the social functions (after the conference) at the bar when the President (and COO) walks up to me. Not only did he know my name, but he also knew my history with Support as well as my migration to the Sales Team. Needless to say, I was floored by his initiative. So we talked off-the-record and I'm still in shock that we had a very normal conversation. In said conversation, he said that he thought it was a perfect move for me and offered his cell number in the event that I wanted to talk about anything. I'm amazed that he would take the time to know the people who work for him and it's earned my loyalty to say the least. Why the hell can't more Presidents be like that?

Completely off the subject

And oh-my-gawwwwd, what is it about Women from the East Coast that set my libido aflame?? I personally think it's the way they say certain words like 'orfice' (translated to 'office') or 'pawk' (translated to 'park'). This accent used to totally repel me, but now I'm attracted to it like a moth to flame.

Okay, digression is over. Moving on....

So me and my big fucking mouth 'volunteered' to help create a Knowledge Base for the Sales department. Little did I know that when I was making suggestions on things that would make our jobs easier, the VP of Sales retorted that he thought it was a great idea for me to offer to create one. I fucking hope he was joking.

Fortunately, my 3 days of torture is over. Now I can return to my turmoil filled life in Sales and maybe fucking sell something!!! ><

2 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

you're living on the wrong coast then if you're into the east coast accents. ;)

it sounds like you've been nominated for that job. but see, there's a bright side, you get to set some standards. that's good. sure it is extra work but it allows you to set yourself apart.

the head honcho sounds cool. that's how presidents should be!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

East Coast is not equal to Northeast accents, silly boy. What about the people living on the coastal areas of South Carolina and their southern drawl? But I get what you mean. And now you're a saleslime! Congratulations! I hope you are HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY because tech support sucks ballz.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home