My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

*Twitch*

Maybe it was the lung globbers that I was coughing up yesterday that made me think twice about buying another pack. I like smoking...but I sure as hell don't like what it does to me. What's more important to me right now is my health and my youth. Having to watch my former Mother-in-law struggle with over 30 years of smoking is enough for me to reconsider my habit's longevity.

So far, I am doing pretty well in the last week. I've had 2 (1 Clove, 1 nasty cig) and haven't been tempted to go buy a pack. The real test will come when I go out for a drink...that always gets me jones-ing for a cig.

How much longer will people tell me I look like I'm in my 20's in spite of my gray hair? Probably not much longer...I'm amazed I've remained youthful in spite of my self-inflicted abuse.

Slightly off the subject...lots of things on the horizon for me. Namely, today, I will be getting my taxes done for the first time in years. I wont get into specifics, in fact, all I will say is that it will be nice to have some piece of mind.

As my Mother says, 'Baby Steps' are what I need to get my life back on the forward position.

The Weekend

I have my daughter this weekend, so I'm looking forward to cuddling, witty banter, and talk of Pokemon. Have I mentioned how awesome my kids are? Oh yeah...all the time.

Anyway, have a nice weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

i used to smoke. i quit when i was 30. best gift i ever gave myself. i just decided i wanted to live. seemed stupid of me to smoke when i watched my dad die of lung cancer. i smoked cloves too. the sweetness on the lips is alluring, i'll confess.

;)

have a good weekend!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

I truly hope you manage to give up. I so want to, but not quite ready to do so.

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home