My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, March 16, 2009

"All the good ones are taken"

I said this to myself the other day while at a friend's impromptu bbq after having a fantastic conversation with a very lovely and very unavailable woman. Something told me she was taken, and this was before I spotted the ring; she was way too friendly and inviting...and of course because I found her attractive.

Is there something about them being taken that makes me attracted to them? All of my friends' respective wives and girlfriends are attractive to me. Could this be because I'm so 'in tuned' with my friends that I also share their tastes in women? I should hope so. The women they're with all adore me and why shouldn't they? I'm no harm to them and we mutually fluff eachothers' egos.

It never fails that I always walk away (from said events with previously mentioned unavailable women) feeling like I'm really missing out on having a significant other. When I try to convince myself that there are others out there, they seem like some far-away island that I can only read about in National Geographic. And I don't even have a subscription!

So here we are again wondering how to get to point Q when I have yet to pass through C, much less B. I should rename the title of this post as 'Stuck at point A'.

Here's where I make more excuses about why I'm only content with being single. It's too bad you've all heard them before, so what's the point in repeating what's already well known?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home