My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Stuck in the Friendzone (and okay with it)

I think I've mentioned this in the past where I am a prisoner here in Just-Friendsland. Nobody seems to know where the keys are to get out of this fucking place and I'm beginning to think I'm okay with being stuck here.

Out of all my previous relationships (which, by default, makes them unsuccessful), I'd say one factor that is significantly missing would be friendship. No matter how I spin it, I was either only briefly friends with them, or was simply infatuated with them. It requires a lot of patience to be friends with someone first and I dont' believe I was capable of it until recently.


Some would call this 'settling for friendship' and I only say this for lack of a better verbal description. I'm now close friends with a number of women whom I have grown to admire and could easily fall for if ever the chance came to be. Even if it never becomes anything beyond our friendship, it's still gratifying to know that they equally care for me.

I suppose this is me holding onto hope that this behavior will be rewarded someday with the woman of my dreams, but in a way, I already have several wonderful women to call 'mine' (my friend, not yours!).

For now, patience and faith are allies in search for my better half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home