My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, April 06, 2009

My eyes, they BURN!

Much happened this weekend, namely me moving the rest of my shit around the hole in which I reside. This was done in anticipation of my father coming to town.

As much as I hate the moving process, I hate the unpacking process even more. To make matters worse, my room still has some junk in it (from the people I rent from). That's a whole 'nother story in which I will begin with '/whine' or '/ranton'. Moving on, I haven't had much motivation to unpack my shit. This means I've been sleeping on my comfy couch and sadly looking at my grandiose bed as it leaned up against my bookshelf (which had no books on it either). Very sad, right?

I figured I'd use the motivation of not wanting to worry my father (about my living situation) to clean up the place and maybe move some shit around. I was very successful in at least making it look somewhat presentable by the time Pa arrived. Still some room for improvement, but way better than what he could've seen. It also allowed me to condense some boxes (onto the bookshelf) and setup my glorious bed (a Cal-King~woot!) which has been a very nice treat for me. I completely forgot how comfortable it is and it fits 3~bring on the threesomes!

The reason for his visit was to bring a new computer he bought for me, one which blows my old clunker out of the water by several years. He planned it to coincide with my kids' spring break, which is this week. In addition to all this, he brought a very large TV. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it considering I have no cable or DVD player to speak of.

Saturday was pretty much spent making my place look presentable, but Sunday, we decided to go down to Santa Cruz to check out the Boardwalk. My kids were quite pleased with this idea and thankfully, it's only a little over an hour drive to get there. It was a gorgeous spring day and the eye candy was everywhere! I guess the rides and games were cool too! The kidlings wore themselves out by going on every ride possible...some, as much as a dozen times. Their favorite was the 'Giant Dipper' and it's hard not to love it when you see the looks of delirious bliss on their faces. We stayed there a total of 6 hours and were thankful to finally see the sun go down. It marked the end of a very enjoyable day and my Pa couldn't help being pleased with the local scenery. He's a dirty old man, so I guess it's no surprise that I am as well.

It's been nice having my Pa (short for Padre) here in town. He's such a cool guy and seems to love the area I live. Maybe I can convince him and Ma to move up here some day. Hah, that's a fantasy at best, but a guy can (continue to) dream, right?

I am left with fond memories and a splitting headache~which I suspect I got from all the exposure to the Sun. It was worth the sunburn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home