My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Following tonight's delirium...

I came up with a possible career alternative: Musician/song writer.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Music. It makes me happy and it definitely sounds dreamy (as do all things on the potential 'career' list). Since I don't have a Napoleanesque Band Director* recommending I take private lessons to further my musical career, I think this will progress at my own ADD pace. The advantage here is that I can write songs and don't have to be bothered with the guilt of not writing the amount the critic in me can handle.

In my earlier days, I wrote a few songs that I can only remember by the titles. I probably should've saved those, but alas, chalk it up to another thing I was only dabbling with at the time. The songs were obnoxious and passive aggressive~I guess much hasn't changed other than wanting to add a generous dose of sillyness.

There's always the need for new music since it seems that only a handful of what came out recently piques my interest. I'm reminded of bands like Nickleback and Godsmack when it comes to music that I just don't see how they made it this far.

One challenge I see, besides learning to play an instrument, is finding others who share my same musical tastes/idealogy. I get along quite well with musicians, so maybe this is one of those challenges I see going away.

Why is this suddenly being mentioned now? Well, I had an epiphany this morning while trying to catch some sleep this morning. It's partly due to lack of sleep, but hey, aren't the best ideas when our brains are on wander-mode? Seems like a great idea right now!


* - I was in High School when I quit playing the Trumpet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

I always have the best ideas in bed, then forget about them pretty much straight away! Good luck with you song writing!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home