My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Blah

That pretty much sums up my weekend. I spent most of it being rather intoxicated and hoping that work would get destroyed by that a fire that never happened. I'm sure i'll get over it by the end of the day when it's time to leave.

I'm restless again for some reason...much like there's something very significant approaching. My gut tells me it's something bad, hopefully that's just a protest to stay away from the Rum for a while.

On a lighter note, at least the sun was shining all weekend. I realize that within a few months, I'll be bitching about how hot it is and how nice it would be to spend the day in the pool. For the time being, it was nice to look outside and see blue skies again.

The Dress Code

This is something that's being discussed here at work. By the way they're discussing it, unfortunately, it may be a reality. For 5 years now, I've worked in this casual environment and frankly, I don't see how they can just suddenly change it on us.

The reality of the situation is that it's already happening after my company was recently acquired by Netifice.

Who the fuck do these guys think they are? They're going to have one hell of a fight on their hands from Support unless the Director suddenly goes Jellyfish. I have a feeling this may be the straw that finally gets me off my ass to look for another career.

Quitting a job because they implement a dress code really isn't a valid reason, but damn, I feel really strong about keeping a casual work environment. It may be different for others, but my appearance has no influence on my quality of work.

My boss didn't like hearing my opinion about it...hopefully he'll do as he says and tell them that Support is not going to be very pleased with the dress code. It's probably futile to complain about this any longer, so I'm just going to wait for it to happen before I say anything else.

3 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

Quitting a job because they implement a dress code really isn't a valid reason

It's not?! I sorta .. uhm... did. A company that I had worked for got merged and they changed their dress code from very very casual to business casual. My boss went from wearing shorts and sandals to wearing a tie.. It was a bit freaky.

Ok, it wasn't my only reason - but it definately was an informal one!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

That was probably my father talking when I said it was an unreasonable justification to find another job.

Being in a job where I have no direct interaction with the public, I just don't see how a dress code would improve my work ethic or anything other than my wardrobe.

7:14 PM  
Blogger LD2 said...

My argument exactly...

Mister LD2 doesn't quite agree with me, he thinks it's a good reason for me to up my wardrobe (I hate shopping)...

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home