My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm ignorant and I used to be okay with that

This used to be my philosophy;

"If I didn't see it, then it didn't happen", typical 'hide your head in the sand' philosophy I've been using for years now. It used to make conversations with ever-day people very interesting because they assume I should know about current events or what's on TV lately.

After watching a day or two of digestable Television, I still want to shove my head in the sand and forget I saw any of it. I think if I had Tivo, I'd feel alot differently about watching the Tube regularly again. The ads are really what stinks about TV(besides the modern media)...they just need to fuck off and die.

I'm still perfectly okay with being ignorant with the world because, frankly, there's still too much trivial bullshit our Media thinks everyone wants to see/read about. My mentor graciously showed me the value of reading between the lines and to not believe everything I read/heard. I suppose this could've been because he worked for the Government for so long and hinted that 'not all is what it appears to be'.

My skepticism is what prevents me from being interested in anything not happening in my immediate area. How do we know that they're telling us the truth? Does the truth really appeal to the average viewer? What is the average viewer? As long as my head is full of this skepticism, I don't think i'll ever be able to take the media seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home