My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Getting back into the habit

I take a break every now and then from writing. I do it every day at work, and it's almost never fun. This makes things for my blog a bit choppy and intermittent. Sorry for that, but frankly, my life rarely changes from week-in/week-out. If I were to write about everything that I thought was interesting, I might recommend my blog to be used to cure insomnia.

Most of my content is from observations I make about my experiences or the events of people I know. It's not always pleasant, and I find myself actively editing about the 'really negative' boo-hoo bullshit that just doesn't need to be shared.

'Shared and Not-to-be-shared'

Trying to find where to draw the line on what I share and what I don't share has been a very hard decision for me. The Livejournal started the way I hoped and ended up going the wrong way entirely. I intended to put down my thoughts, dark or not, but eventually, when people I knew started reading it, I felt like I couldn't really do that anymore.

I'd share the bad shit here, but I'm trying to avoid looking like I drive the 'Waaaambulance' as much as I do. In addition to this, content that's dark and whiney really doesn't appeal to me when I read it back to myself...I seriously think others will agree with me on this.

I want my blog to reflect the positive changes in my life so they can be a reminder that the only obstacle preventing me from succeeding is my own self-doubt and laziness.

1 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

The odd thing about LJ and me is that I didn't really filter based on who was reading it. I filtered on it, on people I didn't know was reading it.. and work.

But, I don't write everything in these blogs.. I did for awhile, but I tended to repeat myself about a single issue (my lack of communication skills)..and that bothered me.

So, my blog is a bit.. uhm.. not as deep as it should be.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home