My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wake-up call for the snooty users

I have pretty much been a Windows/Unix user for the last decade and through that time, I have met a score of snooty MAC users. Once I discover their true nature (suspiciously 'plug and play'), there becomes this boundary I rarely will ever cross.

True to their nature, MAC users have separated themselves from the rest of the world and now, the majority of them view the 'other OS users' through their noses. This may not be the case for everyone, but I'm speaking from experience with specific people I've met in my history.

One specific point they bring up when they tell me why they love their 'Slackintosh' computer is because it doesn't get infected with Viruses. Perhaps it's because I work in the Abuse department and know that nothing is safe in this day and age from Viruses.

Recently, I've located an article that really didn't surprise me. In this article, it's mentioned that MACs are now becoming vulnerable to virus activity...how about that? I look forward to harassing users that assure me they have no viruses because they all run 'MACs' in their office. Coincidently, these are generally the most annoying people I have to work with because they know absolutely nothing technical. Why else would them buy MACs?

'Just fix it'

I'm going to continue my rant on the worst kind of human being on the planet (besides lawyers and religious fanatics of course); the asshole on the other side of the counter/phone that tells you to 'just fix it'. Right away sir/miss, it's a good thing we have people like you around here, otherwise, nothing would ever get fixed! These are indeed the most vile specimen the gene pool has to offer. I suppose this could be why I despise most management.

Why do I hate them so much? Hm, it could be the number of people I've dealt with that aren't willing to spend the extra 10 minutes answering some very basic questions. I consider myself a pretty tactful individual, so it's a very rare occasion where I find someone being completely unwilling to help me help them. Often times, when I'm working with users on the phone, it's because something needs to be done to the equipment they have at their location. This involves me verbally walking them through each step to get it reconfigured or diagnosed.

Once in a while, I'll get some dickhead Executive that actually believes that the ordeal is beneath them and then have the audacity to get pissy when I tell them how much it will cost to 'send someone out to fix it' as they just suggested. Sometimes, this slaps them into helping me, other times, I can't scarcely contain the arrogant smirk on my face while I tell them it will be 3 days till someone can fix their problem. Payback's a bitch...choke on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home