My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, July 24, 2006

Brownouts and Blackouts afoot

I heard that there's an Energy crisis warning in effect for the summer. This weekend marks the first time i've had to deal with any kind of delayed outage with the power company. Given that the temperature outside my place was well over 100 degrees, I had virtually no choice about running my Air Conditioner....apparently, so did the other several million residents of California...hence the evil energy crisis.

I've got the feeling that this isn't something that will go away without some reforms on how we consume energy.

Speaking of Energy

Given where we are in our evolution, I would think we would be looking into alternative fuels and energy more, but I guess we're not. Perhaps we're content with almost 100yr old technology to function in our Century because it worked for the last 100 years?

I think technology has leapt ahead so far, so quickly, that the people who know about it and understand it are far and few between. When your society is so ignorant to current technology, it's no surprise we have a serious informational Minority. It doesn't help that there's only a few companies that rule the energy industry...this gives them so much power, it's not even remotely amusing.

These companies, let's take the Oil Companies for example. They're a Monopoly and nobody else out there will ever challenge their place as long as they run everything. The Anti-trust laws, in my opinion, were outdated within 25 years of their implementation because Capitalism will still allow Monopolies. Unless the Government interjects, companies can get as large as they want and all we can do about it is complain.

Will this Planet ever pull itself out of the downward spiral of an Energy Crisis? Probably, but it will mean us having to change how we live and as long as the minority is in control of that focus, we'll be subject to the pace they choose to go, regardless of how much it puts us back into the stone age.

I forget where I was going with this...other than being tired of the Heat and the lack of Energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home