My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, July 14, 2006

'Friday Fuck-its'

I've got them bad today, and it's not even close to quitting time.

I clocked in at 6am, but I'm waiting for the rest of my brain to arrive so I can make it look like I'm busy. Sure, I've managed to get some Abuse done today, but not enough to really make a full day of it.

Saw my ex-gf in the benefits meeting this morning. For the first time, it wasn't awkward when I made eye contact with her and greeted her. She's definitely starting to show and I'm about ready to go talk to my friend (her current BF) to congratulate him on his uh...fertility. I don't know why it's so important for me to talk to him about it, perhaps I think he could use any encouragement right about now. I'm still his friend and I'm working on being hers as well, but that's going slower than I expected because she's not one to mix work with personal stuff...and I only see her when we're on the clock.

She makes a really cute pregnant chick though, I'll give her that. I realize I've said this before, but I really missed her smile~nice to see it again for a change.

Looks like i'll be spending Saturday and Sunday on the train as I anticipated. Still, it's more convenient to go out there by train because I don't have to stress about driving, don't have to pay for gas, and I can get some rest along the way. It's too bad I can't bring pot with me on the train, otherwise, the trip would be much easier to tolerate.

On the home front,

my son's medication has to be changed once again. It makes him act like he's on speed...never sits still, talks incessantly, and can't really focus on anything. Now comes the dilemma...

I don't want him on meds at his age. He's 10 years old and I just don't want his health to be effected by keeping him doped up on meds. Understanding that I grew up in an age where giving people meds was just in it's beginning stage, I still believe that a shrink is the best way to deal with your deviance. His mother and I discussed it at length and she's agreed to stand firm with me when I speak with the guy that prescribes the drugs (I can never remember if that's the Psychologist, or the Psychiatrist's job) next. We have to figure out some way to get him off the meds, especially if he has to take other drugs to balance himself out.

That's all I have to say about that for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

meds for ADHD? There's a lot one can do with stuff like diet and whatnot that can help. I looked up a lot of that stuff while my other half tried a drug... which thankfully, he's not on anymore.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I agree..meds on kids is kind of scary. Or maybe I should say kids on meds are kind of scary.

It just seems like that is a quick fix..and those usually dont fix the problem.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go with your feelings on this one...my ex was on ridalin (grades 6 - 11). it really messed up his mind. i was too blind "in love" to see it before we got married but you can only ignore a temper/mood swings like he had for so long. at the point i left, i had been there 5 years and countless injuries too long. you're right, there are so many other avenues of treatment. drugs should be the very last resort.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home