My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th has come and gone

And I still don't know where my life is going. Warning, this wont be a feign of happiness like you read normally (from my blog).

While I was talking with a good friend today, it occurred to me that I talk with her more than I do with my friends who live in the area. Although I do speak with people I regularly game with (almost daily), I don't really think this counts as 'social' interaction. Could that be what I've been craving lately?

The ex and I have been talking a lot more lately as well. Since she's moved closer to my area, we've had several phone calls where we chit-chat for a long time. I feel like a weakling because I feel our bond strengthening again and hope it's not a sign that I still have feelings for her. The truth of the matter is that I attribute our exemplary relationship to the behavior we had during the initial break-up.

To further reiterate that I want to share a friendship with her, I have invited her out to meet some of my friends at a bar in the City. My former coworker is a DJ and never disappoints with the kind of music he and his cohort play. She needs to get out of the house and I think I would like to show my friends that she's really a very enjoyable person to be around.

Alterior motives maybe?

When questioned by friends on why I wanted to bring her along, I think they saw through my explanation that I was rekindling our friendship. I believe that our friendship would become stronger over time regardless of my actions, but I guess I wouldn't mind having some hot sweaty sex with her again. I have justified this to myself for quite some time...she's a good looking woman and the sex we had together was pretty satisfying when she wasn't in pain. I'm going to digress for a moment to explain something. For the latter part of our marriage, she was diagnosed with Endometriosis and even went through with an operation to offer her some relief.

The endo was responsible for a number of years of painful intercourse for her and unfortunately, I was not aware of it for the majority of that time (at least until it was diagnosed). Obviously, when intercourse is painful, who the hell would want to do it? Like the champ that she was, she put out and even managed to enjoy herself once in a while in spite of the pain. I don't think I've ever thanked her for that. It was very selfish of me to resent her for not having sex with me when it was due to a medical reason.

Trust me

I don't think there's any chance or hope for her to return to being my wife. Frankly, I think I've already resigned to the idea that there's still a woman out there for me and it's not her. She's been my companion for a number of years and I remember a time when I was happy for her for finding a boyfriend so quickly. Sure I was jealous as hell that she had someone and I didn't...but I digress.

We've both moved onto the idea that there is no future for our relationship other than sharing what we created. I have a feeling she wouldn't be disagreeable to a few sexual encounters and I honestly don't feel ashamed in asking her for it. She never said I was a lousy lay, and neither have the other women I've had since I was with her, so I suspect it's not a question of skill (at least I hope it's not!), but more a question of preference, perhaps even her mood at the time. Regardless, I will still tell her how hot she is whenever I pick up the kids (or drop them off) and offer her every hint that I still find her very desirable.

Anyhow, enough talk about sex with my ex. Let's talk about me having sex with women considerably younger than I am. For the longest time, I have maintained this 'minimum age' requirement for the women I court. It's been confirmed that women my age play less games and have a considerably higher sex drive, but I guess I just dismissed the probability that women much younger could have these traits as well. *laughs* For the record, their sex drive and their maturity only happens to be a few items on my proverbial wish list. My former age requirement was a formula given to me by coworkers during our locker room-esque discussions on the opposite sex.

Dating age formula: X/2 +7 = Proper dating age

X = Your age

In my case, since I'm turning 33 this year, half is 16.5 plus 7 is 23.5. It's perfectly okay to round down the final number because...uh...when they're almost 10 years younger than you, a couple of months really doesn't matter.

So there ya have it...I can successfully date women as young as 23. This is bullshit considering that women mature at different rates. Maturity happens to be a factor of what they've been exposed to in the past or circumstantial. This being said completely destroys my locker room formula.

Dating women younger than 21 seems like a bad idea considering I could very easily get popped with a 'Minor in Possession' if there was ever any suspicion I fed them alcohol. 21 feels right when I think about it...anything else would just seem wrong unless there was some serious chemistry happening. There also happens to be serious difference in ideology when there's such a deviation in their age. What things would I have in common with someone over 10 years younger than I am? Probably sex, lust, drugs, and alcohol just to name a few.

Anyhow, the day is over now. Time for me to leave this place and drink beer. MMMmmm...beer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, my friends and I use that same dating formula, but I haven't seen it anywhere before.

Was that on a movie or something that I can't remember?

7:40 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

The dating formula seems to be a good measuring stick to begin with, but it's a matter of how mature she is that'll ultimately decide if I'm interested or not.

I don't recall seeing it in a movie, but that doesn't necessarily mean it didn't appear from one. I certainly can't take credit for it.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That means you could date me! You should bone her if you get the chance.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

come to the UK and then you can safely date 18 years olds :D

4:37 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I dunno Gary, they'd have to be exceptionally slutty for me to be interested. I'm sure with my accent, that will help with the seduction process.

11:41 AM  
Blogger LD2 said...

hmm..do UK women fall for the American accent..??!!

cos we American women fall for those UK accents.. (or any accent)... southern is so freakin' sexy (ok, maybe it's just when they say baby - saying baby with a CA accent.. isn't so sexy).

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home