My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Squirming in my seat

I am here trying to focus on work...obviously i've failed miserably. With my vacation coming very soon, I can barely remember what it was like to have more than 3 days off in a row. Sounds like a good time to take a vacation.

My last year's vacation was quite monumental (emphasis on the mental). I went to a buddy's old stomping ground with his girlfriend and another friend from work. This place happened to be in the northern mountains of Washington. While I was there, I experienced something close to nature overload and loved every freaking minute of it. This was the first time since my junior college days where I spent every day of my vacation with drink in hand...usually right after my morning joint. We're talking a very decadent vacation that I'm sure will be very difficult to top. Guess I'll have to shoot for next year to enjoy the same gluttony.

The kidlings will be coming with me for this vacation. It will be a nice chance for them to visit with their other Grandparents as well as offer me the chance to take them to a beach. There has been talk of going fishing, but I'll have to see how much gear survived my parent's most recent garage sale. I really don't mind having them drive down with me because they're just enjoyable people to be around...I like that about them. The boy is maturing to quite the prankster and the little girl has a wit that could cut schools in half.

Sand in my sneakers

It's been way too long since I've enjoyed the salty air of the ocean. This vacation, I intend to take the kids to some coastal locations, perhaps Sea World if I can fanagle some passes out of Great Grandma. A picnic on the beach ala sodas and tuna sandwiches sounds like a nice afternoon (as long as we don't forget the sunblock). I've spent far too long away from the ocean for my liking...it's time I made an appearance so it doesn't forget me.

But I digress...

Well, tomorrow will be a pretty long journey, but it sure will be worth it once I make it down there. Driving through the central valley will probably be the worst leg of the trip since that place is flat, featureless, and full of fanatics. Wish me a safe trip!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Hope your vacation is fabulous..I have only seen the ocean once in my life and yeah..thats pretty sad. Have a good time!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Oceans are salty, noisy, and tend to have scantily clad females camped out all over the place (this is starting to sound like a Beer commercial). Why else would people pay so much to live near them?

If it's any concellation, Dallas is as far 'East' as I've ever been on the continental US....y'all.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home