My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Memorial Weekend

Friday and Saturday night were dedicated to insobriety since my kiddies were with their Mother this weekend. Saturday, I went to my old stomping grounds~Modesto, CA. It may be a shithole, but I still have a number of friends (I speak with often) to visit. A few people I met in WoW were there as well, so other than a rampant allergy attack, I had a fantastic time.

Some of these people I've become very close with, and it amazes me how comfortable I was in their presence. Meeting folks in real life, after gaming with them for a while, is an enjoyable experience because it proves that this social setting (of multiplayer gaming) is acceptable to meet people you would've never met (or befriended) otherwise. It's just as genuine as it would be if you met them on the street. Who says I'm wasting my time with gaming?

Sure I could probably get laid more if I played less, but realistically, I need to get my shit in order before I have anything to offer the opposite sex. It seems I'm incapable of meeting women my age/interest without spending some time/capital/effort. All of these things, with the exception of time, are hard to obtain without significant life changes.

It may look like I'm getting down on myself, but truthfully, I am taking my flaws in stride and moving towards ousting them, or atleast making them less difficult to overcome.

Taking a break from my life, or at least part of it...

Today, I submitted my request for time off from work. I will be departing on Friday the 16th of June in the afternoon, hopefully early enough to avoid traffic going through LA County. I plan on staying until the 23rd or 24th depending on how anxious I am to return to my life. My twin sister is very excited that I'll be coming down. Her little kid is growing up wayyy too fast for my liking. He's almost as cute as my own children, but when you're dealing with fractions, I suppose it's just as well to say that he's equally adorable as my own flesh and blood.

I wont have a lot of capital to really enjoy myself in San Diego, but I have a feeling just being away from my life in the Bay will be enough for a little time to relax and unwind.

I realize that today's post was really not all that interesting~such is my life at the moment. Hope you all had a very enjoyable weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

ooooo..... you'll be in San Diego.

Sam is there. I plan to stalk her ( once Chicken is gone). This means I will have to stalk you too. No matter how breifly.

Muahahaha.........

1:43 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Rumor has it, the young poultry will be departing in the latter half of my visit.

Stalking will be acceptable, but be sure to leave your glasses at home...please, it's bad enough Sam wears them.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

lol. You guys are funnnnny!

10:37 AM  
Blogger LD2 said...

I think it's cool that you met up with the other gamers.. even if it was in Modesto! (j/k.. family is there).

We also met up with some friends who play WoW, except in hot AZ. Had fun with couples..some played, some didn't and I even was able to make a new character!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home