My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Anti-Customer Service Day

I suppose you could say that I'm letting a few spoiled apples effect my taste for the apple pie that used to be so sweet. Occasionally, I encounter someone that has absolutely no respect for the other person on the other side of the phone and I make it my goal to sway them away from it with unrelenting effort. This 'occasion' is starting to be seen less and less as I continue to experience 'burn-out' on a daily basis.

Maybe this is a sign that I've been in a Customer Service role for too long now? Probably. Every day is an effort to wake up, get showered, and drive to work. I'm amazed I've been doing it for so long now..at the same job.

Today, it was announced that a customer of ours was leaving and taking about a dozen separate circuits to one of our competitors. The management team (on the sales side in particular) was absolutely livid about it. Said customer was unsatisfied with how we were supporting their 'cheapest' circuits. I realize now that I am definitely not the best person to talk to about it because I would just bluntly tell them "you get what you pay for" and move on to the next ticket. When I was told about it, all I could do was laugh and exclaim 'Good riddance!'. Apparently, my coworkers were not prepared for this reaction and even stopped to guffaw at my statement.

I think today, i'll be focusing on emails...they're much less volatile.

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

I actually told one of our firm's clients that he was a jackass once. I think that was definately a sign of burnout.

vf pattaqa - kinda cool...

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home