My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco De Mayo means something else for me

I wrote this a while back on my LJ, so yes, I'm admittedly using recycled material that most of you probably haven't read about me. This pretty much explains why this day is significant to me.

A light in the sky

I remember quite clearly walking into the the building feeling like something very significant just happened. My heart was still racing with anticipation as I made my way back to my workstation. The first person I told, aside from the women who were with me to witness the occurrence, was a Man (who happened to be a Christian) I worked with for a short period of time. I blurted it out like I didn't believe it as I was saying it.

"I just saw something in the sky," I paused to take in another deep breath while my mind raced, replaying the event repeatedly until I had formulated a working sentence, "It was square and had diamond-shapes etched into it. It glowed neon blue and seemed to rotate and just as quickly as it appeared, it streaked off into the western horizon." Whether or not this guy believed me really doesn't matter, he still humored me and listened to me retell it atleast twice before he spoke. I don't even remember what he said, but he never once said anything to indicate that he didn't believe me. The rest of my day passed by relatively quickly and when it came time to drive home, I sped home to tell my wife about it.

Some coworkers and I were outside having a smoke break. Suddenly, the woman facing the parking lot looked up, eyes wide with shock, then pointed, "Look!" She squeeked. The two of us turned on our heels and saw what she pointed out. In the sky, I saw a Blue Neon Rectangular shaped object descending to what appeared to be toward us. The Rectangle rotated about 45 degrees before it sped off into the distance in a streak of light. The whole event took place within about 5 seconds (I originally said 5 minutes, but there's no way it was even longer than 10 seconds) start to finish, but it seemed like a lot longer (probably from the anxiety of realizing what I saw). The three of us all looked to eachother wide-eyed and blinking at the utter perplexing thing we had all seen.

We didn't speak very much about on the day that it happened, but I did manage to corner one of them and get her to retell her version of the story. Other than a variation on how many diamond shapes there were etched in the object, she was right on the money with what I saw. I needed to hear that she saw it as well because I started to doubt that I had seen anything real at all (after a few months passed by).

The whole experience left me with a feeling of awe with the Universe. I suppose I've always believed that we are not alone in the Universe, but never had any real proof to make the difference. This was really all I needed to see to make me understand just how insignificant I was in comparison to the Universe. Consequently, this gave me the nudge I had needed to get past my religious hangups and drop them entirely. Since that time, I've become a much happier person knowing my place in the Universe: A piece of Free-thinking cosmic dust.

I still look back at that time as being when I finally woke up and began to appreciate the things around me for their finite qualities. I'm painfully aware of my mortality, but satisfied that I've procreated enough to make sure part of me lives on through my children. Kinda morbid way to look at things, but once I realized how unique it is for us (as Humans) to realize their own existence, I'm honored to be apart of it. I don't really excel at anything in the 'virtuoso' skill level, but I happen to think I make a great Human, and I can only hope others know this before we end up exterminating ourselves.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

my man and i shall a similar experience. happened almost 7 years ago.

we were in his driveway to empty out his car after a commute. I was standing outside the passenger seat leaning in looking at the car floor for something. My man was in front of the car facing me with his back to the garage door. I heard him urgently yell "HEADS UP HEADS UP DON'T get out of the car!!"" As he backed up against the garage door. clearly trying to get out of somethings way, his eyes glewed up in the sky.

I do not understand why he says this and I begin to stand up I start to see the area above our heads glow red and I hear a low buzz/hum as something streaks across the sky just over our us and his house.

We couldn't make out what it was but our eyes where HUGE and we were confused. We could HEAR it and it lit up the sky.

His dad is a cop so we asked him to look into if anyone reported anything or if a meteor hit or something. Since that what we though it was since it moved so fast. But what was hard to explain is why we could HEAR something. He said no one reported anything and there were no helicopters or anything else that went down. Nothing.

Soooooo strange.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

That kind of experience really tugs at the strings of reality, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing that very perplexing story. Seems like you recovered okay! ;-)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Totally tugs... makes you pay closer attention to things.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home