My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Possible Win for the Drug Users

I have been in a more curious mood, as of late, to see what the rest of the world is up to. In that process, I stumbled upon this article about Mexico's proposed change to their Drug Enforcement Policy, or in this case, almost complete lack thereof.

I've lived in California for the better part of my life and until my late teens, I wasn't aware of just how many people are closet users. Since that time, I have discovered that there are drug users from every walk of life. It seems that there are more users up here in Northern California, but I think I'm getting a bit off track from my point.

Personally, I believe this is a step in the right direction for our neighbors to the South. They don't have the kind of capital to try and convict users they manage to stumble upon. I didn't even know Mexico had anything resembling a drug enforcement policy considering how easy it probably is to smuggle shit into the US. Hell, does Canada even have a Drug Enforcement Policy?

America's Drug enforcement policy is a fucking joke as well. To make matters worse, they're totally criminalizing the wrong drugs on the Radio/TV. All I hear about is anti-pot campaigns whenever I bother to listen to radio/watch TV. WTF people? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't there other drugs out there that are significantly more addictive/dangerous? Maybe it's because I've been exclusively a pothead for the last 5 years, but I really resent that whoever-the-fuck makes these ads. They should be mentioning the other drugs while they're at it...pot isn't your problem you fuckfaces! Ever heard of Meth? Most of California knows what it is...why not mention that in your anti-drug campaign? The whole thing makes me think they're deliberately avoiding mention of the other drugs...I wonder why that might be.

Pot VS. Meth (Because I think Meth is a significantly larger problem)

  • Pot may make you lazy, but Meth will keep you up for days and make you want to shop at Walmart at 3am.
  • Pot has been rumored to make you sterile, but it seems like Meth users are breeding everywhere.
  • Meth users are more prone to aggressive behavior in comparison to Potheads.
  • I don't get random jack-asses drive up to me asking if I have any pot for sale...no, they ask me for Meth (when I lived in Modesto). On a side note, I had long hair, not sure if that gave them the impression I sold/used Meth.
  • When was the last time you heard about a 'pot lab' exploding because they were using volatile chems?

Frankly, I'll admit that I've never used Meth, nor do I have any desire to try it. The Concensus of my friends that have experimented with it, however is that Pot isn't anywhere near as dangerous as Meth. I'll take their word for it.

I seriously don't think this Bill will have much effect on Drug Trafficking from Mexico. We're Americans, we need our Drugs dammit, and we'll still get them with or without Mexico's help.

2 Comments:

Blogger LD2 said...

I heard that SD was the capital for Meth. All I know is that it was way popular and my brother was highly addicted to it - along with countless others that we ended up meeting up with every Tues.

It's messy and man, does it cause you to break out big time!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Been there, done that. Cause I get around like that. I loved meth. It was the greatest thing EVER. Which is why I haven't done it in 10+ years and would never do it again. It's bad news. BAD NEWS. Pot = not a big deal when used in moderation. With meth, there is no such thing as moderation.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home