My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Funk I am

Lately, I have come to realize that my lifestyle must change in order to spend more time with my kids. I'm at the point where I'm ready to start pulling myself out of my proverbial hole and move on with what I should've been doing years ago. Better now than never, no?

Financially speaking, I need to create a budget and stick with it. This is a fucking must.

Romantically speaking, I gotta stop thinking about sex/love/romance for a while until I get my Life back on track. Anyone know how I can disable this annoying male feature?

Physically speaking, I haven't seen a Doctor in almost a Decade. Yesterday was the first time I've seen an optometrist in almost that long. My new glasses will be arriving in a week or so. I'll be sure to post a pic once I achieve the next level of Nerdity~bespecklement! I'm not completely blind, but the Optometrist advised me to stop being so stubborn about seeing a physician. I also need exercise that doesn't cost me lots of money.

Mentally speaking, I could use a vacation from my life, but I don't think that's going to happen because I'm broke.

I know what needs to be done, but the tasks ahead of me are daunting, intimidating, and require discipline that I have to somehow find in myself. To all of you single parents out there, I salute you~how the fuck do you do it without resorting to a fetal position?

This weekend's agenda:
  • Pick the kids up at their Grandmother's house
  • Drive home
  • Spend my hours apologizing for there not being an abundance of food in the house
  • Game out with my kids
  • Drive them back to Grandmother's on Sunday evening
  • Plan my mini-vacation to my Parent's place

Have a pleasant weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Well.... thanks for making that light at the end of the tunnel - ever so slightly less bright. lol. Have a nice weekend.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol think we are in a similar boat :)

lol hope it doesn't sink ;)

~Sha

4:22 PM  
Blogger LD2 said...

camping is nearly free.. and it's a good vacation to spend with the kids. :)

anyways, have a swell weekend!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Unfortunately, Camping requires camping gear, which I have none to speak of at this time.

Thanks for the suggestion just the same!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Plan your mini-vacation now, dammit!! Come down here and visit me or else!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home