My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, May 12, 2006

More dating advice from the CL Community

I found this link highly amusing. Thankfully, I'm not as poorly prepared as this guy's roommate, but sometimes I feel that number 6 is something I've only recently recognized as a colossal fucking mistake. Setting your expectations may sound great while you're day dreaming about them, but until you can smell her perfume on all of your clothing for a week straight, you're still dreaming.

My new approach to dating is pretty simple: I am going on dating hiatus which means that I have no ground to stand on when I complain I'm not getting any lately. I just don't see it in the stars this month and this is an expectation I can make without the prospect of disappointment. Meanwhile, if a nice woman does somehow make it into my life during that time, it'll be just like it usually is~unexpected and, often times, more exciting.

W4M on Craig's list

Recently, I have been browsing the W4M entries for 'Casual Encounters' in search of some extra-curricular activities (that don't involve strings). In true Craig's list fashion, this link pretty much sums up my chances of getting some through this source. For the record, I have responded to these posts in the past, but only managed to get my foot in the door on the few that replied.

Did I mention my dating status? I suppose my libido is on autopilot while the rest of me figures out what the fuck I'm going to do in the next week.

Another amusing post

Who needs visual aid to masturbate? Rhetorical question (for you smart asses). Enjoy the reading material! Have a pleasant weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

You don't sound committed to this "dating hiatus" since a few sentences later you say something about a nice woman coming into your life.... if your on hiatus you shouldn't notice.
I know what you mean though.

12:18 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I've sworn off relationships for a good decade or so...lol.... a week doesn't seem like you've been too let down thus far. ;-)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I suppose I meant I'm not going to obsess about women all weekend like I usually do. Cept maybe Sam, but i've been doing that for more than a decade now.

Maybe this post was more wishful thinking than anything resembling truth? Probably.

12:53 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

I am to assume that Sam is the ex? Well - I guess a weekend without obsessing is a good thing. Have fun.

2:22 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Women are usually more trouble than they are worth anyways. lol.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Sometimes I think that I'm missing out on Craig's List, then I realize that you post the best stuff on your blog so I don't have to spend the time finding it. Thanks! :0)

11:29 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey- I'm not THE EX. Really. I'm not. Hey- Tobiwan, clear this up please.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Yeah, what Sam said. She's an old friend mine whose ego I enjoy fluffing.

12:20 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Got it.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home