My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Advertisements and TV

One severe drawback to TV, as I've explained in the past, is that the advertisements pretty much drown out any interest I have in the program I'm watching. This is probably why I enjoy watching programs that don't have advertisements (HBO specifically) so much. Kudos to the guy that created DVR so we could naturally bypass those annoying advertisements. I realize that at my house, we have the ability to record shows and once I figure out how to do it, I'll record Southpark, my favorite nerd shows, and of course, Cartoons. Where the hell would I be without my toons?

Americans are Prudes

Another thing the Internet has shown us is how our culture differs from the rest of the world. I find it really interesting how utterly tame our advertisements are in comparison to foreign countries. Here is one my coworker forwarded to me and I'm still swearing at him because I can't leave my desk for another 15 minutes. Now after you watch that, please tell me what exactly they're selling...because I want it!

A Happy Mother Day

Well, it was a much happier day for some than others. My ex-wife had to move out of her place yesterday, so I suspect she's one that didn't have the greatest day. My mother is still recovering from her surgery, so she wasn't feeling all that hot yesterday either. Hopefully, all the other mothers I know had a better day. Happy Mom's day albeit a day late!

1 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

I think the last thing I would want to put on my toast is THAT butter. lol

Hope your Mom is okay!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home