My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Even the Roman Empire...

collapsed after their influence began to dwindle at their borders and eventually receded to history. My reign as 'top gamer' in the house (among my immediate family) will eventually dwindle once my kids manage to surpass me. It's really only a matter of time before they're able to run proverbial circles around me, but until that happens, I intend to enjoy it while I can.

I remember the day when I dethroned my old man. Things were never the same after that match of Sea Battle for the Intellivision game system. I'm not sure he even remembers it now, but at the time, he didn't play games with me unless he knew he was going to kick my ass. If memory also serves, he savored every moment of slaughtering me at every game he could...he was just much better at keeping a straight face when destroyed me.

It's probably my competitive nature coming out, but I find the same joy in mercilessly slaughtering them at modern console games. And when the day comes when they can say 'In your FACE Dad!', I'll smile and be proud of them for doing it.

Enough gloating, here's something disturbing

Kill me if I ever get this desperate...please. If I had a friend buy me a plastic fuck doll...I don't even know where to begin how confused I would be by this. Would this be a sign that my body languages shrieks that I am in need of sex? Should I be concerned that my friends have read me like a supermarket smut~romance novel? Why couldn't they really prove their friendship to me by forking out the 9-Grand for the model that talks?

I think I need to stop reading Craig's list...it's beginning to wear me down once again. Sorting through all the garbage there is really much like doing it literally. I feel like I need to wash my mouth out, take a shower and scrub myself with the heaviest antibacterial soap I can find. Still, sorting through the garbage, you get to see what sorta things people 'throw away'...and it's a well known fact that humans love to get dirty once in a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

That was DISTURBING.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

The concept of that doll is strange.

The concept of posting about it for no reason other than to TELL the world about it is even more odd.

Craigslist sucks you in. Its a buffet of the odd and the head scratching.

word verif: ZEEFES

I knew a guy by that name.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Y'know, the creepy part about that word verification is that 'Zief' happens to be my in-game alias (phonetically pronounced the same).

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home