My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Drunk Post #1

I blame the Sake for making me stand before you with unimpeded honesty right now....*hic*. For the last week, I have had to keep something to myself and it's only helped when I told close, personal friends.

What's this giant secret? Maybe I have been hesitant to share because the excess gloating could spark a premature visit from lady Karma. Sorry to say this baby (karma), but gloating like this is so worth it.

Apparently, the female I was recently brooding about has gotten herself knocked up~yes, she's pregnant, and no, it's not mine! I think my cackling could be heard echoing through the parking lot when I heard about it. I know it's mean to laugh at peoples' misfortune, but considering the mental strain I endured from the breakup, I felt a great relief come from hearing it. I'm really, truly not lying when I say that 'I'm over her'. No bullshit here, I'm not even wielding my +5 Two-handed shovel of 'Caca de toro'.

I'm also probably the last person to know amongst my circle of friends, which really doesn't bother me. It tells me that my friends were protecting me from my own grief. They were there for me during the breakdowns and fits of depression and I can't express enough how much I appreciate them for it.

I think I almost have all the gloating out of my system and I should probably let them know I'm aware of it so I can move on to becoming their friend (once again). I am actually pretty proud of them for keeping in spite of the fact that they haven't know eachother for more than a year. It reeks of a future custody battle, but I prefer to stay focused on the positive.

Sorry this wasn't much of a drunk post. Next time, I'll have to get extremely toasted prior to sharing my secrets with the world (in this case, the 5 or 6 people that read my blog).

8 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Cheers. ;-)

PS - oh computer guru - how does one cross words out like this? I like this little effect.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Instructions on how-to create a '< del>deleted< /del>' word:

Compose a new post, then select 'Edit Html'.

You have to create an html tag, which is a pretty basic programming language and the only one I remotely understand.

Moving on, you would place the html tags on both sides of the word you want deleted. Like this:

<.del>deleted word<./del>

Remove the period so it looks something like:

< del > (no spaces).

< del>deleted word < /del>

the '/' represents the 'end' of when you want to stop using the delete tag.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

If you're remotely familiar with html, you can use this website for some tutorials:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/

Specifically, here's the tutorial/example on what I just described, only probably infitely less complex.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_del.asp

Duh...it would help to post the link.

10:38 PM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Thanks Tobiwan Kenobe - you rock.

You will notice shortly how annoying I am with overuse of new tricks - such as my link word. I love this. Not that you can't tell by my blog...ll

7:04 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Happy to help as always Liz!

You flatter me to no end when you use something I had a hand in helping you understand.

*stupid grin*

7:27 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Looks like you got the last laugh. I know it's not REALLY revenge. But it makes me think of the saying: Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Like I said - not revenge - but the news is still a tasty cold dish.

:)

11:18 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I already knew this, but it still makes me smile for you@@

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home