My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, June 02, 2006

Human Nature, or Animal Nature?

Yesterday was a really peculiar day for me. Rather than retreat to my gaming world, I tagged along with my buddy while he did some errands around the region. We drank Daquiris, smoked some funny smelling plants, and drove through some of the lesser traveled roads the Bay has to offer. Needless to say, I was awestruck with the beauty of the areas we visited.

Who knew that there's a hidden lake near where I live? It's known as 'Lake Chabot' and I nearly fell over with how freaking gorgeous it was from the vehicle. I plan on taking the kids there when I can and since they've been asking me to take them fishing, I suppose it's time I relearned how to clean and gut a fish. *laughs* This also means I have to invest in some fishing gear...maybe Mom and Dad might have some to let me inherit when I go down there for a visit.

Speaking of nature...seeing Lake Chabot has really sparked a strong feeling of wanderlust in me. My buddy asked me what that word meant and my best definition was 'that feeling you get when you look at some mountains and say, "I wonder what's on the other side of that hill". I'm sure Wikipedia has a better definition, but I think he understood what I meant.

Urges of Nature

I'm sure all of you are familiar with hormones and how they effect us on a daily basis. Something occurred to me during our jaunt through nature. I think about sex constantly because my physiological goal is to reproduce or 'continue the species' for lack of a less dirty way to put it. The root of this reproductive goal is to survive~pretty simple, and yet this creates a world of complications. I guess I don't feel so bad about being inundated with thoughts of fornication.

That's all I can think of right now...have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I like this...I am going to no longer feel bad about being inundated with thoughts of fornication.

What a nice way to put it! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

It's way more PC than admitting that I'm a dirty old man (or at least a dirty youthful man).

Likewise anne, your blog looks very entertaining and you <3 sam, so that practically makes us...um indirect partners in crime.

Do-gooders and people who wince at the way 'fuck buddy' rolls off the tongue beware!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home