My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Insatiable and Restless

I've been restless since I came back from SD. I can't explain completely why I don't feel anywhere content with where I am in life. I wouldn't compare this to a 'mid-life' crisis because I don't exactly know when 'mid-life' happens to be.

While I realize that this goes against my new policy of focusing on the things I have (and not the contrary), it's still a significant subject on my mind.

As far as finding a 2nd job, I have been scouring Craig's list to find something I can do on the off-hours when I'm not here at work. I have been spoiled with the 'casual' work environment for so long, I wonder if I can even tolerate having to acclimate to another place without some growing pains. This brings me to wondering what the hell I'm qualified to do outside of this job. At least, if I go in for an interview, I'll have the backup/confidence of already having a job which is infinitely better than looking for one while being unemployed.

I spend too much time thinking

And not enough time enjoying or taking part in activities. They say that the 'Idle mind is the Devil's playground' and while this applies to me when I sleep, you could say that I feel that my mind is always in motion when I'm awake. We all know that I spend my time daydreaming about sex, but that's not really enough to occupy it, so I do other things like listen to music and write when I find things to share/talk about.

My over-analytical nature really helps with my job, but outside of that, it's a serious pain in the ass to discourage. I attribute some of my former personal relationships being destroyed because I read too deeply into something they said/wrote/did. This is something that locks me up from meeting new people. I know...I just need to relax and let my personality make the impression.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're getting close to updating less often than I do.
Damn that Nef!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

This is what I get for handing out my blog's address to weird strangers I meet on the internet!

I totally blame Nef for this! ><

Therapy please.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home