My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Slow Ride

My trip to Southern California was pretty uneventful. I rode the train from 11am to about 9pm on Saturday, had some kickass mexican food (from Alberto's!~w00t!) and went to bed around 1am. The ride down there was pretty uneventful although I did manage to eavesdrop on the racist argument of the Century.

Excuse me while I digress, but I feel it's important to point out that the train is pretty nice for a few reasons:
  • They serve Beer and Alcohol on the Train~mmmm..Beer!
  • The opportunity to meet new and sometimes interesting people are abundant
  • You can nap and not have to worry about crashing/dying (like from having too much to drink)
  • You can eavesdrop on some pretty interesting conversations (sometimes) since sound carrys pretty well on the train.
  • If you get really bored, you can go hang out in the dinner/lunch car.
  • My mind can wander as far as I let it go and I don't have to concentrate on driving.
  • Did I mention you can drink on the train?

Overall, I'd say that the only downer about the train is that it takes forever to get to the destination, especially when there's a delay...even a short one. Thankfully, we were on time when it came time for my stop.

Sunday

came a little too early for my liking. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep the night before, and my daughter had an extra box than she left with~fucking grand parents...*sigh*. The train trip was really nice despite having to lug around her stuff from each stop. Of course, my mother has to give me things to take up with us in case we get hungry. She sent a care package of Watermelon, cantaloupe, and Cherries with us, which ended up being more of a hastle because I had something else to carry besides, the kid's luggage, a box full of art supplies, and my backpack. Still, we managed to share the fruit with a new friend we met along the way, so it all worked out.

Single Serving Friend

While I was waiting to catch the bus from LA to Bakersfield, I met up with a very nice young lady from New Jersey. As you may know, I am horribly attracted to that accent, so I ended up talking with her for the whole time we were waiting. It ended up that she was headed the same direction so we paired up for the rest of the trip. My daughter is pretty charming, so we had lots of entertainment while we traveled...she's such a great chick magnet! I gotta take her out in public more often. So Jersey girl and I parted ways with an exchange of emails and a nice hug. It's too bad she was on vacation to see a specific guy, otherwise, I would've offered to *cough* show her some sights in California, perhaps my headboard. It must've been the accent and the eyebrows that made her extra sexy...could've been how kind and considerate she was. *shrugs* I'll have to see what she's up to next time I visit the East Coast.

The Chick Magnet known as my Daughter

When I say that my daughter is adorably charming, I'm really serious about it~she's really that good in person. It's a parent's right to gush about their children, and I intend to do that right now. It seems like whenever I take that little girl in public with me, she manages to gain quite a bit of attention from the Ladies. I inadvertently get attention from it when they find out that i'm her father. I usually get, 'Oh my, you've got beautiful eyes from your Daddy'.

"You can call me Daddy any time..." Have I mentioned that I'm glad nobody can read my mind?

Anyhow, she's smart, goofy, and is an attention whore like I am. I wish I could just bottle up her cuteness and have it on demand when the ice needs to be broken. I doubt very highly that she'll have any problems with finding friends wherever she goes. Best of all, she's still totally innocent...believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth fairy~how freaking cool is that? Unfortunately, it wont last much longer, but I intend to enjoy it as much as possible.

I'm really glad to have her back...those 3 weeks were really too long without seeing her shining face.

Okay, I've fucked around here at work long enough. Hope y'all had a nice weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

****4th time I have wrote this..I f'ing hate blogger****

Im still laughing about the headboard comment (at least I was when this comment was fresh and new)..I am totally stealing it and there is nothing that you can do to stop me!!

Wow..more reasons to take a train ride. Booze + cute chicks from Jersey...Im in!

Your kiddo sounds adorable. They can totally be chick magnets. There is just something about a dad that gets me. I like the sensitive side I guess.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Hehe, the headboard coment was impromptu~always the best...feel free to use it at will.

My kids are the coolest ever. I have never regretted them being in my life (except that one time where me and their mom were getting it on and they interrupted us).

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You can call me Daddy any time."

Man that line made me laugh.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home