My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Interview with a 2nd chance

For now, I'll just refer to this as '2nd chance' because I would've never gotten my foot in the door unless I persisted. It's one of those rare things I picked up from working in Sales (how about that, I learned something from Sales!) that I can see working in many other aspects of life.

So my interview went pretty well, I think, but as expected, the client was looking for someone with more OS related experience. Well fuck me, I guess i'll have to add that to the list of things I need to learn for 'next time'. The good news is that I charmed my way into getting some pointers on how to make a more presentable resume. Free advice is nice, especially when you know the person on the other end isn't pulling their punches.

I just got done sending her my most genuine 'thank you for taking a chance on me' email which is another tactic I picked up from Sales. Sadly, looking for work is a lot like the selling world. The motivation is significantly different, but the tactics and techniques are all the same.

Wish me luck peoples!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home