My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Inner-views and Interviews

You'll be happy to know I just finished with a phone interview for a company that designs and implements Soft-switches. For those of you that don't know what a Soft-switch is, I'll do my best to explain it. Think of it as the person who used to sit in the Original telephone office connecting people to eachother, but in a much more modern facet. A picture probably explains this best now that I've probably over-communicated the concept:





Here you see the concept of what a Soft-switch does albeit much more primitive than we'll ever see again.




So yeah, interview today! I'm very excited about this opportunity because this opportunity has several good points (not listed in any particular order):
  1. They're on the edge of current technology. A company that designs hardware compatible with VOIP/Networking is pretty much at the lead of the proverbial pack thereby paving the way for rest to follow.
  2. This company treats their employees very well~Go figure, they're based in the UK.
  3. The pay looks to be about 10-20% higher than my current wages...even in sales. Sure the potential for making more is available in Sales, but I'd like to keep my soul a little longer.
  4. I would be working in the same geographic region.
  5. They would be willing to train me as well as offer to pay for my education - Again, based in the UK, hence their uber coolness.
  6. They might hire me! Might not either, but this has definitely lit the fire beneath me.
There's other points I will add later when I am at work. Right now, I have to scurry off to pretend to sell things for the next few hours. Hopefully my interview company will let me know how it went before the day is complete.

Fingers crossed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Trixie said...

how did you go... how did you go????

1:08 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Ok, caught up. That sounds awesome!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home