My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Users, Abusers, and Losers

We have some new faces here at the job lately. Two are male, the 3rd is a female of above average physical beauty. To say she was gorgeous would've been accurate when I first met her, but after being here for a month now, I'm starting to see the ugly face of the beast (within her).

Someone else said it best when they also observed that she seems to expect others to do things for her.

I'll use an example and see if you can see why I want to stab her in the face.

Her: Toby, what's the answer to this customer's question (as she indicated to an email she received from a prospect)?
Me: (Examining the email thoughtfully)Hmmmm...I'm not sure what they mean with this question. It's not in proper context. You should reply with a request for them to clarify their question.
Her: (already becoming impatient with me) They mean they want to know if they can transfer their emails to our servers (still totally out of context).
Me: I still don't know what that means. Do you mean they want to know if they can transfer their mail domain to be hosted by our servers?
Her: You're confusing me! Just nevermind! (and she turned to her monitors completely tuning me out)
Me: (as I'm walking back to my desk shaking my head) You're welcome!

Personally, I don't mind helping people if they really want to know the answer and will apply it to later instances, but when you ask me a question, then blow me off when I didn't give you the right answer...kindly fuck off!~

This isn't the first time I've witnessed her 'user' tendencies either. She's done with others in my department and it's everything I can do to stop myself from correcting her on her unsavory behavior. The look on my Engineer's face when she non-verbally dismissed him (after he provided her with an answer to her question) said everything I've wanted to say when she did it to me.

I eventually resigned myself to not be a dick about it, but I will now encourage her to not ask me for anything. My theory is that if I continue giving her long winded answers, she'll just stop asking me questions.

If that doesn't break her of it, I'll have to start finding ways to make her days here very uncomfortable.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can politely crush this bitch?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Keep giving her LONG answers that are complicated along with subtle "wow you're really stupid" looks while she flounders. Then blog about it again. hehehe!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Amazing how the most beautiful person can start to look ugly when you get to know their personality!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

she sucks.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Utter Basketcase said...

Ha! Yeah, it's crazy how personalities paints our true faces!

Sounds like she believes she is top shit! Best way to bring her down is to bruise her ego!

Tell her she's fat!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xx

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give really, really long emails with a whole boat load of techno-babble in them, and call her the fuck out the first time she doesn't read every last word.

Oh, and CC is your friend.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

I'd start openly verbalising the "you're welcome" after answering her, let her know its rude to not even acknowledge the help. Or, next time she asks tell her you are "happy to help" then after helping try the ole "that'll be $20 thanks, or one lobster." - so many peop stop asking for my help when I try to get lobster out of them.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home