My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, June 02, 2008

My poor neglected fraction of the internets

is really looking barren, especially considering the last time I posted was in April! Suddenly it's fucking June and I have a big goose egg to represent the whole month of May. It's a damn good thing I'm not being graded on this.

I totally missed out re-telling the story of my special day, Cinco De Mayo. Check out the archives or you can clicky on this link if you're lazy. Note: I'm not calling you lazy if you choose to save yourself the 3 minutes it takes to look through my Archives for May.

Good stuff there and for the record, I took a personal day to reflect on my situation in life. That turned out to be depressing, so I decided to get really stoned instead! Hooray for Sentient Appreciation Day!

Let's see, what else is on the home front. Ahhh, yes. I am finally seeing some decent payoff with this stupid sales job. It took me long enough to get to where I am, and I will have to admit that it's worth it (for now). The jury's still out if I really am going to stick with this career.

My gut still tells me that this only a speedbump in the road, but I figure I can at least enjoy the monetary benefits of the job. There's plenty of things I hate about the job, but the only things I can say I like about it is that I get to work with more women, my schedule is flexible, and I have the potential to make pretty good cash.

But is it all worth it in the long run? *shrugs* Probably not. There are still days that I arrive at work saying to myself, 'this place blows...' I just don't see myself doing a job for very long when I still feel this way. *sigh* Maybe, someday, I'll figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

In other news...

I'd like to say that I've been busily preparing for my children's future and sowing the seeds of success, but that's a big fat lie. The truth of the matter is that I've been busily working on my Mario Kart and Smash Brothers (Brawl) skills with the intention of humbling my two over-confident children.

The boy, you see, is completely convinced that he's the top player in the house-hold (over 3 adults as well). He's a shithead to play against because he's a poor sport. He absolutely hates losing, but when he's winning, it's all about how fucking awesome he is. My roommates are ready to throw him into the pool whenever they hear him say, 'I can't believe how good I am at this game!'.

It's been a challenge getting him to humble-the-fuck out. How many times do I have to chastise him for being a braggart? I'm sure there were times when I was a little fuckface when I played against others, but I learned to keep my mouth-the-fuck-shut...eventually.

Am I approaching this in the right way? Probably not, but I don't see any other way of teaching him to be a better sport than to DOMINATE HIS FLEDGLING ASS into a puddle of whimpering humility. It was either that, or train his sister to do it, but I'd rather only damage his ego, not completely destroy it!

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I have used the "you can't play if you are going to be an asshole" tactic before, although he hasn't been through that stage in a while. Do I have to got through it AGAIN?! Fuck!!

Glad to see you posting, btw.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

My oldest is the same. He crows about being good on the Wii, and HATES it when I beat him (I too am practising when he is not around!)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

I think you should have let the sis beat his ass at the game. You could call it life preperation.

But, boys will be boys. :P

I've only recently figured out what I want to be when I grow up. So don't feel bad. lol.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

150 cc Wario's Gold Mine is the most humbling video game experience I've had in a long, long time.

but then again, I can't believe how good at that game I am :P

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home