My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Interview part deux

Monday's morning interview went pretty well. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I think 'no news is good news'. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to type with crossed fingers.

I spoke with the IT Director/Manager from the UK. He was a nice chap and I believe I gave him a pretty good impression on what I'm looking for. I've done enough research to know what they're looking for in an employee.

One thing I was really concerned about was the fact that I have very little formal education. My resume does show that I have been to college, but bear in mind that this particular employer is very strict about hiring people with a Bachelor's Degree. The only thing I have that even comes close to that is that I'm a Bachelor 90% of my time when my kids are with their mother.

He didn't specifically ask me about my educational background (2 years of Junior College), but I led him to it by the end of the call. I felt it was necessary to let them know that, in spite of my limited education, I am capable of learning just as well as someone that spent 4-6 years in college. I'm no mind-reader, but i've been working on phones long enough to know when have satisfied someone's concerns. After I explained why I didn't continue with my education, I got the impression he was satiated with that answer.

Moving on, I anticipate a 2nd interview within the next few days. If I impress them enough to move onto the 3rd interview, they will be flying me out to London to further 'check me out'. That's enough to make me giddy with excitement and I've been doing nothing but trying to not think about the prospect of going to another country (on their dime).


Gawd, I am still absolutely floored that a company would spend money on someone they are only intending to hire. The Director confirmed my suspicions that they are 'nearly' sure about hiring the person they send to the UK.

I sure as hell hope they contact me soon...the anticipation is fucking consuming me moreso than this heatwave! To make matters worse here at my job, the Air Conditioning is not working. Yay.......~NOT!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

I hope it works out for you! Going to the UK would be a huge bonus.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Well you know who to visit if you do get over here!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Well crap, I've been away too long, I have no idea what's going on!

I'll catch up.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home