My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, September 26, 2008

'It's outta here!'

The interview with the actual client took place today and I actually believe this went as good as it possibly could have under the circumstances. I feel a bit skeptical of my recruiter and if she really has faith that I can make an impression, but I guess in her line of work, first impressions are everything. Here I go again looking at the problem from someone else's perspective, but I just can't help but think this way.

I didn't get their decision as of yet, but I think I've got it this time. My historical background deals with many components the job entails and my attitude in the interview was enthusiastic and most importantly; genuine. It's really hard to fake enthusiasm, but within the first 15 minutes, I felt myself relaxing and knowing that all the indicators are pointing to 'yes' in this case. Yes, I know it's not theraputic to hold onto such expectations, but if I can't hope for something, what will it be worth to me if it ever happens? Exactly!

Some points I forgot to mention previously:
  • The job is within my own city; fuck ever having to commute again until I find something else.
  • They didn't balk when I gave them my salary range.
  • They're what I consider to be a 'Recession-proof' company.
  • They offer health benefits!
  • The IT director asked me questions I think are important for finding the right match for the job (IE. 'How would you handle situation A if B and C were involved?).
  • The company also is customer of the company I used to work for, so the IT Director knows many of the same people!
  • I can take the bus to work every day! Awesome!
I'm sure there's some points I'm missing, but I'm a little overwhelmed with anticipation at the moment. I anticipate to hear from them by next week, at which point I'll go in for a 2nd interview. My recruiter tells me that if I make it to the 2nd, there's a very high probability that they will hire me full-time!

That's pretty much all for now, I can't wait to hear from them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Let us know when you hear!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home