My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Living in the rainy state of Shock

Here's where I bang out cliche' after cliche' explaining my ever interesting life. Or maybe just one cliche' and a bunch of bad news to boot. I think it's all some cosmic joke that is also a lesson I must learn in order to prove that I can survive modern times.

So, as you know, I have been unemployed since July of this year. Every step of the way has been excruciating and humbling, but I still have nothing to show for it but a dwindling savings. Coincidently, my car is also undriveable (unless I want the police to take it away from me) and oh yeah, here's the cliche I was talking about; 'When it rains, it pours.'

Isn't that the fucking truth? The only good thing about being at your lowest is that there's nowhere to go but up. I guess I was wrong...it can get worse and it did.

So here it is; a few days ago, the manager of the home I live in pulls me aside and tells me that his brother will be moving into my room and I need to vacate the room by December. Hellllo 60 day notice. It's been a few days now and I'm just stunned. How could things get worse? I don't even want to know.

In spite of all this, I have kept my head up only because I have no other choice about it. I either lose my shit entirely and my whole family suffers, or I move on and see where this next chapter takes me. Gee, what a great set of options I have before me. To say i'm being cynical about this would be an understatement, wouldn't it?

That's all I have to say right now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

Oh no! That is awful. I'm going to hold out hope that there is some great reason for this shitstorm in your life and something great comes of it. It just has to. It's too much otherwise.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

All for a reason my friend. Maybe the job that is around the corner, will be somewhere different that you would have to move to?

Chin up hon.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Holy crap! It's really pouring. I'm a big help, huh? But you know that phrase "It's darkest before the dawn"? It's a bit corny, but I've found it to be true. You're a good person, it will work out. I have faith in that. :)

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a difficult situation. The plus side might be that means you can move elsewhere and maybe live more centrally thus more options for bay area jobs?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home