My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I may be a slut...

But I will never fuck Karma...not even if she went down on me first. This weekend, for example, I took my kids out to their fave restaurant and I was about $4 short with the cash I had on me. To make matters worse, I didn't have my new ATM card yet, so I had to cowboy up and tell the waiter I couldn't pay the entire bill. The manager must've been having a nice day because he told me that I was free to go. The people who served me would be getting screwed out of their hard earned gratuity if I didn't return...and I couldn't have it looming over my head.

After I dropped the kiddies off at their mother's place (and borrowed the cash from her), I sped back to the restaurant to pay my dues. The waiter and the manager were both shocked that I showed up with the remainder of my bill and a nice tip (around 25%) for their hard work. It was nice to have made their day even though they really wouldn't have starved without it. Still, I prefer to have my conscience clear of the little things like that.

Caution: Trainwreck

I adore my coworkers for providing links like this to keep me occupied when i'm in need of a good laugh. The above link is a collection of snapshots of searches performed by AOL users. Apparently, AOL mistakenly released 3 months worth of keyword searches. Some are freaking hilarious, others are downright creepy.

I hope you enjoy it, but bear in mind, you wont be able to look away until it's all gone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I laughed so hard on that first line about Karma. That is great. And I know a Karma! lol

1:25 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That is so my biggest fear. I hate that 'oh crap my credit card got declined' kinda feeling.

Im so glad that it worked out. Glad you showed them too..hopefully they will be even more willing to help out the next person..cause it might be me!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Ha, the karma line is classic, and true. Yay you for going back and paying, it will restore their faith and you'll prob get fab service/food from now on in.

That link to Something Awful is so funny, makes me feel good about my mundane searching!

12:17 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

OMG!! I spent ages reading all the AOL searches last night, it had me laughing out loud sooo many times. Thanks for the link!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I hesitate to say how many hours I spent reading through these. It's a good thing nobody's ever seen my search threads. *halo appears over his head suddenly*

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home