My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Update, Glorious Update

My conversation with a bank representative left me in a state of perpetual shock. You can pretty much assume that the situation is moving forward in the direction of my preference. I am pleased beyond words that they made this so easy on me.

Sometime in the next 48 hours, the nice bank rep I spoke with informed me that they're issuing a credit to my account. The cumulative amount is nearly 95% of the original number we came up with last night (including the overdraft fees) and I really don't know what to say about it. The only thing I need to do is sign my name on the affadavit they're sending in the next few days, and hopefully I can put this behind me.

Until I see the numbers in my account, y'know, besides the Zero, I'll still have some lingering doubts on whether what I was told will come true. All I can say is that friday can't come soon enough!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use it wisely, Danielson. Pay off bills!

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAAAAAAAAHHHH! Good for you! Now, as a "banker", its time for the "promise me you will balance your account every month" talk. lol I'm just sayin...... :)

6:47 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Thanks everyone, I think I've learned my lesson finally. The misery just isn't worth the laziness. I've found that indifference is an expensive disposition.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright! Now you can splurge and buy the kids something besides Ramen noodles!
So dDo we need to post a comment on a monthly basis to remind you to balance your checkbook? lol

3:22 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That blows. Im horrible at keeping track of my banking business.

Im so glad that it worked out though. (for the most part) You are lucky in that respect.

All I can say is that if you are still feeling down about it I will reciprocate the phone sex offer ;)

6:38 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

I've had the same happen, some arse stole my credit card from the mailbox and spent $9000 I didnt have, over just 2 days! Bank has to take responsibility if you tried to change your address... go you good thing. 95% better than nothing, they did the same to me also. Plsd it worked out in the end for you, and I loved the Captain Loogie post, it was gross, but your daughter's reaction rocked.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home