My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Conformity is for 'suckers'

For as long as I've been in the working world, I have loathed dress codes. I'm really not that much of a violator of the current dresscode here, but I hate principal behind it. Today, my boss tells me that my holy knee needs to 'stop being seen', in other words, the hole in my jeans is not compliant to the dress code. I quickly noted the holes in his jeans, albeit much smaller to which he exclaimed that he purchased them like that. Well doesn't that make it all better? How about that...if I get someone to rip them on purpose, y'know, all in the name of fashion, I can adhere to the dress code.

Fortunately for me, he recognized the tone of my email to him immediately and saw it fit to diffuse me by just letting me burn myself out. This is probably the most effective means of diffusing any of my fits of anger. I like to think of it as my fiery Zodiac sign coming out of me and acting very much like fire. If you feed the fire, it gets bigger, it consumes things, it burns shit up more than it needs to, but if you let it burn out by itself without offering any help, it will eventually smolder to a halt. At least this is how I see my temper nowadays.

In my younger days, I was more volatile than I probably should've been, but considering I was a social idiot and thought I knew everything, nothing could've been more appropriate to how people got along with me. When I think about how much shit I got away with saying, I am reminded of how fortunate I was to be surrounded by people who knew I was an idiot and chose to educate me in their own ways rather than thin down the gene pool.

On a lighter note

Everyone should either have sex before they goto work, or have a prolonged hearty laugh. Since I didn't have hot sex before work (does the morning jerk count as sex?), I settled for the prolonged tear-filled laugh that lasted nearly 15 minutes (consecutive) and is responsible for the silliness I am smitten with right now. This is what slayed me this morning and I hope you can see how absurd it is to enjoy it the same way. Otherwise, just rub one off and say you had a good laugh.

Laughter really is the best medicine in the world. Vicadins are pretty nice too if you take them in moderation. Hope you all are having a nice day/evening/morning!

8 Comments:

Blogger always kris said...

well I cant see the "what" you were talking about.
(Its "Forbidden") and I didnt have sex before work....guess this day is just shot for me! lol

1:37 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

I can't open the link either just yet (until im at my home PC this weekend) cos its loud whatever it is... I didnt have sex before work, but i did 'rub one out' ... luvit!!

9:00 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

And in regards to the dress code, you must abide by the rules, isnt that what you tell your kids when they go to school? So I guess in a way when we "grow up" our work place just basically replaces the school. Great.....

6:49 AM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

laughter and sex, now that really is the best medicine...
Damn I want to wake up to a laugh and a shag!

12:32 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

just dont laugh at the shag! :-)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

The last time I had some action, I came so hard, I started laughing out loud. I guess it felt so good, I couldn't control myself.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

ha ha, i LOVE cracking up during sex, but HE doesnt always like that. Sometimes orgasm makes me giggle for hours. No option but to go with it.

5:18 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

I just go with the perma grin and the giggles.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home