My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Once upon a time

I think I could honestly say I would fuck anyone that gave me enough attention regardless if I were attracted to them. Thankfully, times have changed and I have a lot more respect for myself. Shortly after I was relieved of my marriage (not initiated by me), my self esteem hit an all-time low. Even worse, there was this new place to go look for women to sex~myspace. I had no idea how big it would be, nor did I know how it would warp my perspective on women (in cyberspace). At the time, I saw right through the bullshit and knew it was a virtual meat market. Of course, I didn't care because there were a multitude of women in my area all seeming ripe for the picking. What I know now is that it's a place where women make all the rules and reap the rewards of their gender. I have no idea if the playing field has been leveled with how even the gender populace might be, but I'm sure it's pretty close. Eventually, I tore myself away from it and decided that meeting women in the flesh is significantly more satisfactory to me.

Anyway, the reason I bring up Myspace is because lately I have been stalked by someone in my region. I classify it as stalking because she's already asked me all the questions related to where I live, how many I live with, and how thin the walls are in my bedroom. As flattered as I am by this, I'm highly disappointed that she has not given me a recent pic. Experience tells me that she has not posted a pic because she's not all that attractive. The one picture I did happen to see (before she removed it) was a Family shot with her 2 kids and hubby~nice (insert sarcasm). The conversation over yahoo consisted of lots of flirting and a brief mention of trouble with the marriage (no way!). My gut feeling is that I was being prepped for infidelity~something I am really not okay with unless they're separated (as in not living in the same house). I have already decided to stop leading her on and be honest with her since I have nothing to lose. Frankly, the one pic I saw did not make the difference, nor did it make my penis override the infidelity factor. Methinks she has other cocks at her disposal, so she'll have to make do without mine.

There have been many times where I wanted to delete the myspace profile and I think i'm leaning more in favor of it now more than ever. Why do I have this urge to remove it? *shrugs* It could be that I'm entering a new phase in my life (of my midlife crisis) and I'm looking to get rid of bad memories. All I can say now is that myspace is on some very thin ice with me right now~maybe I'm just remembering all the missed connections and stupid games people play? The urge is almost too tempting to avoid. More on this subject later if I decided to flush it.

Yesterday's fun

Consisted of going to the Movies and then stalking all the hot bookworm ladies at the Bookstore. Picked up 2 books for myself (John Varley's 'Mammoth', and Roald Dahl's 'the Twits') and a book for each one of the kids. Since school's back in session for them, I have informed them that I am enforcing a one hour reading session for every day I'm with them. Last night's reading session consisted of the boy asking me every 5 minutes how much time he had left. I can imagine how frustrated he was when I kept adding 5 minutes every time he asked. Eventually he got the hint and stopped asking. There are times when I want to give up with them, but I know by experience how important it is for them to read through adolescence.

Today's Agenda

Make breakfast for kiddies then mosey over to the park for some swing action. Sometime after we get bored with that, we'll bowl for a while until I have to take them home. Hopefully, y'all are having a great weekend as well!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...in my experience I find that it is much more the men playing games than the women. Men seem to enjoy the challenge of the hunt and once they have suceeded, the thrill is gone. All a game. I hate men that play games. And I must say that I have many male friends who tell me the same story you do, that there are as many women out there that play games. I guess it is just a matter of finding the right person for you.

Your weekend sounded like a lot of fun. I love going to the bookstore. I love reading, hence my college major, English. I laughed at the go-around with your son. I could just hear it in my head. I take it he doesnt like reading.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

sounds like a good weekend, not a weak-end at all this time, despite your love-hate myspace thang. So many peop are on myspace here now, my date last nite has one, I dont really get it yet...mite look into it today, but i am scared!

I have been internet dating on and off for a while now, and it does suck. the past 6 mths i have only logged on to cancel my profile, but i meet someone each time i do that! weird. def dont see that girl, i dont do marrieds, thats their deal if they wanna cheat, but keep urself as far away from the drama as possible! And she posted her family pic, classy!! ew

Kris is right that both guys and girls are crazy on these sites, us normal folk are minority.

I agree with the pic thing, anyone who is reticent about that has something to hide, sure sign, stay away. I have to admit there are more men on my site than women, and that does mean we set a lot of the rules, doesnt mean i dont still get lied to and conned into meeting peop who are nothing like their profile represented!Hope this all fixes for u ... and u work out whether to stay or go myspace ;-) sorry for long ramble!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am laughing at JD thining we are "normal". ;-) Thanks!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I sure wish I could motivate him to read more. Can't even get him to open up a comic book ><.

Maybe it's just my view, but it seems that I run into more 'normal' folk here in blogspace than anywhere else.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well there is no challenge to getting kids to read today. Why bother? They can have the book read to them on DVD, watch the movie and see a play about it most of the time. lol

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Im so not into myspace. And I say that having never tried it. Im not willing to get my hands dirty. Almost everyone I know is on there and that maybe the biggest turn off about it.

In my wilder younger stupid days I had a few internet incounters. One was alright..and two were not alright. The last one was downright awful.

I agree about the blog world being a bit more sane.

Glad you had a great weekend.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Its a problem when you start considering 'normal' as a compliment eh? The www brought that about, pre 1995 it was very uncool to be/meet 'normal'.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I think it's not a coincidence that our definition of 'normal' changed when we started speaking as a global community.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ill send you updated pics and :O im not even married.... just live far far away :(

2:13 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

Can I ask for some help please? How do I edit a post? Will it automatically put "EDIT" or do I type that? Will it post it as a new post or will it just put it back in the same place it was? I hope my question makes sense.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I'm on myspace, but all the guys anywhere near my age in my region look like dorks. Of course I'm not on there looking for guys anyway, just a place to be silly with friends.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home