My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Poor Choices

I have concluded that I have a bad streak of women lately. Although I still greatly appreciate the feminine attention I receive in cyberspace, it's extremely frustrating when it doesn't work the same way in person.

8675309 hasn't called yet, and although I think people need a few days to return calls, I find myself believing in my own gut feeling. I have removed her from my phone in light of my gut feeling. Perhaps I need to invest in a prostitute to make the courting process easier...and it would at least get me laid. I have never considered paying for sex in the past, and the idea is becoming more and more appealing.

However...I don't just want sex. You all know this about me...I think I want what everyone else wants: A considerate person who is interested in me like I'm interested in them. A woman like this is beginning to sound like one of those Urban Legends.

Methinks I'll just give someone my phone number next time so I don't have them giving me their number because they don't want to hurt my feelings.

What do you ladies/guys think? Is it better to give them your number?

I have made efforts to get out of the house, but I don't think it's enough. I'm still hesitant to talk to women because it doesn't seem to get me anywhere as quickly as I'd like. I'm all about the instant gratification~why else would I be so impatient with the opposite sex? Maybe the only option I have is to strike up a conversation with any woman I can lay my eyes on so I get used to talking to them.

Time for me to prove what I've been saying all this time about me being able to adapt to my surroundings. I guess I've only been 'blending in' to sit and observe people rather than go meet them and talk. What was that quote from the Murphy's Laws of Sex?

"Sex discriminates against the shy and the ugly" Damn straight, Murph.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I've ever had a guy offer to give me his number but its worth a try I think.

You could say something like, "If I give you my number will you call me?" Or just be blunt and say "Hey, I like you and would like to hang out sometime but rather than asking you for your number and worrying about whether or not you gave it to me just to be nice I think I'll just leave you with mine."

Not enough people have learned that being blunt and to the point can actually be an ok thing to do. As long as it's done tactfully that is.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of spending the money on a prostitute, spend the money on a plane ticket and come to Texas so we could go out and have a good time. ;)

7:13 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I'm just gonna stick with what I know. If she's into me, she'll call me back and even during times when I don't call her.

Flying to Texas sounds so much more appealing than paying for sex! Thanks for the comment Em, you put the stupid grin on my face this morning.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say you had to give up the sex if you flew to Texas. Who knows, we could hit it off really well!!!! ;)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

You do get lots of female attention online ...!

I wrote a comment to this yesterday, but blogger musta lost it. I personally like to both swap numbers, so its best when a guy whips out his phone, asks for my number, and offers his in my phone, saying he will text later. its only a bummer when they fucken dont! or they do and they are a twat!! arrghh. if someone gave me their number i prob wouldnt call, it means its my cost, my risk, me making first call. Swap with her next time, whip out ur... phone and enter her number in. i love it when i get a nice goodnite text or good morning text after i have given my number out to a guy.

paying for sex is a hot fantasy and it should stay at that for as long as u can handle it ... just my opinion. (maybe fem view different to men)

I'm exactly the same with the instant gratification thang, hence the fantasies about picking up the phone and paying for it, but u can do that on dating sites easy enough surely,? no cost!! cant be sure of quality tho.

dunno, feeling for u, cos it rings frustrating sad bells for me also

6:39 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I think i've officially given up on the dating sites because of bad experiences in the past. I'm definitely one that prefers quality over quantity~with sex, it just simply isn't an option.

The only downside to this form of thinking is that quality sex takes a long time to develop.

I appreciate all of the replies, I know I can always count on you gals for sound, honest advice.

7:43 AM  
Blogger always kris said...

be gentle please...this is my first time ;-)

www.aguardedheart.blogspot.com

I hope that works!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home