My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The truth of the matter

Is that I am still dissatisfied with how things are going here in the office. It took me writing an acidic email to my supervisor and his boss to get a response to my initial complaint email. I guess they just assumed that I would be unhappy with whatever they said. I suppose there is a high percentage of doubt in my mind that they would tell me anything I wanted to hear. This means that I will need to work on my resume...maybe this is a good sign that things are coming to an end here.

They replied exactly how I expected them to respond: 'Suck it up you little bitch'. Thanks guys, I am eternally grateful for you reinforcing my desire to be here and maintain a pleasant attitude. Really, all I wanted from them was an acknowledgement that they heard my complaints. I didn't expect them to do anything about it because I know them well enough to figure out that they leave their spines at home prior to coming to work.

8675309

Finally called the girl I've been talking about lately and spoke with her briefly last night. She sounded like she was in midst of a live band, perhaps at a pub, but told me she'd call back sometime. Frankly, my gut feeling is that she will not honor me a callback. I no longer have my fingers crossed about this one.

While I realize that I should give her more time to call me back, it's better to anticipate the worst and hope for the best. Moving on....

Gratefuls

Haven't had any of these in a while. It's really hard to spot anything good when you're in midst of a shit-storm.

- I'm thankful for my friends, local and foreign for their support of my mental state. You've all been a very positive influence on my life. Not only with my writing, but reminding me how good I've got it.

- I'm glad I have such cool children. And I'm glad I had them at such an early age so they could teach me how to be an adult while also maintaining my childish ways.

- My cousin is coming back from Iraq much earlier than anticipated. She'll be home this weekend...it's a pity she's over 500 miles away, otherwise I'd stop in to give her a welcome home hug.

- Although my body is sore from the workout, I'm thankful I have my health in spite of all the horrible things I've ingested. Have I mentioned how hard it is to quit smoking pot? *twitch*

- I'm grateful to have a job even though it's not the same one I signed on for initially.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home