My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Not impressed

I’m quite unimpressed with how my new Work Building is configured. We are now officially a ‘call center’ which tells me that my days of being in the spotlight are short-lived. The Call Center itself looks neat…sorta, but my main concerns are that we have virtually no privacy and the acoustics here are the equivalent of an amphitheater. This is not good for a call center because I can hear the people on the other end of the room. Given that I am a very good at projecting my voice, I must actively keep my voice lowered…how lame! What bothers me the most is that as a group, it seems that we were not taken into much consideration with regards to privacy or general happiness. It’s quite obvious that they didn’t really plan ahead very well. I know this because the other departments have actual cubicles and we are wide open…like wide-fucking open. Everyone behind me, which is approximately 60% of the Support Department, can see what I’m doing on my monitors. I like the spotlight, but I sure as hell don’t like being on display like this.

I would make official complaints to my superiors, but I think they would just give me the brush-off. They seem like they’re fielding a lot of the complaints and frankly, today, I’m in the mood to just bitch constantly about how unhappy I am about being here. Maybe I’ll get used to it, but until I get acclimated, be prepared to hear the Waaaahmbulance going by my department quite a lot today.

The Weak-end

I cant say that I had a great time this weekend. Fortunately, I didn’t expect anything but to gawk at all the lovely ladies. Yet again, I didn’t really do much to get the attention of the lovely ladies. The one girlie I had my eye on talked with me, but of course she has a boyfriend. She caught my eye because of her sexy glasses and her bubbly attitude. It’s always a shame to pick out the one girl in the crowd…and she’s got a boyfriend. It now has me concluding that I’m only attracted to attached women. I sorta thought by now, I’d be more attracted to women without a significant other.

Saturday night ended up being a surprise. I went out to a semi-local pub to meet the woman I have been talking about lately. She seemed surprised to see me there, but greeted me warmly (hugs) enough. Although she managed to sit with me at the same table, I didn’t get a really encouraging vibe from her. Maybe she was hung-over from the previous evening? *shrugs* I at least managed to get her phone number without any trouble. She left a little early because she was intending to go to the Renaissance Fair the next morning. We left with a genuine hug, but as I mentioned before…I didn’t get the vibe that she was all that interested in me. Considering there was no warning that I’d be there, I suppose it’s not all that unusual that she didn’t seem more enthusiastic. It could just be that I’m totally misread it…I’m willing to accept that I am a poor judge of knowing someone is interested in me. Here I go analyzing the situation probably more than I need to.

Sunday, I ended up spending the day at home watching the Sopranos on DVR. 5 episodes later, I’m grabbing my crotch and saying (in my best east coast accent) “Ey, fuck you guy!” to anyone that talked to me. *laughs* That show tends to bring out the worst attitude in me…can you blame me?

Not a horrible weekend, but definitely not one that I will mark on my calendar as significant. Looking forward to spending next weekend with kids. Who knows? Maybe Miss J will be different once I give her a call.

Hope you all had better weekends than I did. See ya!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

If she gave you her number then I would definitely not loose hope. I dont give my number out unless Im interested.

I love cute glasses..

Hope your next weekend is fabulous..

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Yeah, she wouldnt have given u her number if she didnt mind a call ... minimum.

bummer about ur 'weakend', im soooo stealing that.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

JD is a thief.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

I'm very happy to have JD steal my stuff. She will be dealt with in a prolongued, torturous manner. Probably spanking and hair pulling will be involved.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

prolonged and torturous, just the way i like it!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked "weakend" too, guess I need to learn to speak up sooner!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

you want spanking and hair pulling too Kris M? get in line! ;-)

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ get in line. The spanking and hair pulling sounds pretty intriguing, but it was the word "prolonged" that caught my attention. ;-)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Jeez Toby, how many of us are fighting over you?! lucky boy

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home