My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, September 22, 2006

The latter half of the week

Today's friday and after a few days of training on the new database interface, I have a much better perspective on how my company is changing. Good things are afoot I think and I've never had faith that they would.

My boss and I were discussing the possibility of getting me trained on a number of new products including the ever popular VPN Support. In the mean time, work has settled to a typical routine where, if I keep my numbers up, he stays off my back and I can fuck around in peace. Funny how my work happiness is all wrapped around how little people bother me, boss included.

The whole dress code thing has blown over...I guess I didn't make enough noise to change anyone's mind...big surprise there. It looks like if I want to wear jeans with holes in them, I'll have to plan them around my bosses' vacation days. Even the big nasty email I sent to my bosses' boss was diffused in a rather annoying fashion. Apparently, the word is out that I'm just here to cause drama~hate it when they're right, almost as much as being predictable.

At least I had a semi-relaxing day despite the 4 hour training I sat through without nodding off more than a few times. Happy friday!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mummy said...

cool to see you posted Toby... but what alternate time zone do you live in... why is it only the 22nd sept for you, yet its the 26th or 27th for the rest of us? weirdo !

sorry to hear email was diffused, annoying eh?!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Haha, well, I saved this as a draft on Friday and it just keeps the date you saved it rather than give you the date it's actually published.

I have a few drafts still waiting for final approval which will catch me up for the last few days.

For some reason, I can rarely motivate myself to write on the weekends. *shrug*

It's a pity whenever you goto all the trouble of writing an email intended to stir up shit and they totally see through it. I'm so transparent!! >< *pout*

2:45 PM  
Blogger Ordinary Girl said...

Hey, some things are just not worth getting in a sweat about!! And glad you explained the alternate time zone thing, I was just going to ask myself!

3:01 PM  
Blogger always kris said...

awwww, thats so cute, he pouts.
I was wondering about the date thing too, I thought it was just my darn slow computer! lol
Now hurry up and get those "drafts" approved and quit holding out on us. ;-) Your fan club awaits.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

Toby, u big holdout. I thought you musta had something on with the kids, but here you were chatting up bartenders and coffee makers(yay you!) and mentally firing crap wingmen. Actually, I just cant be mad at you, good work!

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VPN is the shit. Stay with that and everyone will want to be your best friend. :)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home