My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The poorest observer

I remember a time when my friend and current carpool buddy informed me that I was incredibly unobservant. You see...we drove the same route every day for what must've been almost a year before I noticed that someone had trimmed their tree to look exactly like a T-Rex. True to his nature, Grif then brought it up as many times possible, no matter how vague the reference, when I demonstrated my uncanny ability to not notice things. This eventually led to the inside joke that anything I didn't notice was therefore a 'Tree shaped like a Dinosaur', or later just 'Dinosaur' because when you spend time in the car for as long as we did together, you can use far fewer references to share jokes of this caliber. Coincidently, inside jokes are the best of their kind because they require the least amount of energy and sometimes they don't even require you to even say anything at all.

The best way to get to know someone

I believe that the best way to know if you are compatible with someone is to be stuck in a confined space with them. It forces you to talk to them even if you have nothing to talk about. Today, I asked the black haired woman in my office if she wanted a ride home. Earlier in the week, I found out that she didn't get a new car after all. Apparently, she's been taking public transportation to and from work. Anyway, she accepted and I took her to her daughter's place, which wasn't too far from where I live.

From our conversation, I would say that I was dead wrong about a number of things with this woman. Specifically, she is not married even though she wears a ring on her appropriate finger. She does, however, have a relationship she's 'trapped' in which she gave me enough info to know that it's best that I keep my mouth shut about being attracted to her.

After I dropped her off, I am convinced that I should never believe my first instincts until I have all the facts. They were so off the mark that I laughed out loud when I imagined her reading the note I left for her and if she even knew it was me. The only thing I was right about was that she had a history of chemical abuse~that was obvious from how erratic her speech was during our conversation. Needless to say, the 30 minutes I spent in the car with her proved to me that my attraction to her was only superficial at best. I guess things did work out for the best, didn't they?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course they were superficil. You had barely spoken to her before that! =P I'm glad the mystery is solved though.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Me too, it helps to know that she's not my type although I have already vowed to now dip my rod in the company pond anymore.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Tobiwan said...

Correction, I have vowed to NOT dip my rod in the company pond.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Mummy said...

lol, at the freudian slip above!

its funny when this happens, i still love the note tho.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home