My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Work Holiday Party/Mixer

Today happens to be the Holiday Mixer/Happy Hour. Apparently a lot of companies are choosing to do it this way so they can save some cash on headcount. This year, instead of a Holiday Party at some club/winery, we're having it at the office~neat, huh? Not really...at least there will be alcohol, right? The idea is to serve us alcohol just after we finish a rough day at work and then be cut-off once we get a nice buzz because we still have to drive home afterwards. In some ways, this eliminates some of the problems of people getting too toasted to drive home, but isn't the whole point of a company holiday party to get shitty and talk about your coworkers?

At said mixer, I hung out with some old friends I haven't seen because they're on the opposite side of the building and are generally too busy to come visit. Still, sharing old stories and pranks was memorable enough to consider this a pretty worthy event to attend.

Later in the evening, I picked up my kids and we headed to a friend's house to char some meat. Although there were no other children at my buddy's house, mine seemed to have enjoyed themselves. I was also pleased to see that they get along well with the other people at the party who had never met my offspring before. This occasion always leads to people telling me I don't look old enough to have kids~who doesn't like flattery?

What do you think? Old enough to have kids? Needs to shave his poor excuse for facial hair? It doesn't even grow in all the same color! I blame Genetics~thanks mom and dad!


This was taken right about when I just got my glasses. You never know just how blind you are until you get a pair of glasses, huh?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that your facial hair is multi-colored. But now that you mention it I suppose I can see it. Dude, I'm so glad you cut your hair. I secretly wish Gray would do that too. You look way better.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sexy! love the glasses, you look great! :)

give me a ring-a-ling on my msn sometime =p

<3 Ritu

1:22 PM  
Blogger Al Sensu said...

Try shaving the head. The ladies love it.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I like the glasses too. I have the girl version of those same ones. A little smaller. I wear them when I want to be taken seriously..or when Im too lazy to fuck with the contacts!

Definitely too young looking for kiddos.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home