My Photo
Name:
Location: San Leandro, California, United States

I've spent hours trying to write 'about me' so I just gave up and you'll have to figure this out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in anyway!

Monday, November 20, 2006

A long weekend before the big weekend

Although I didn't officially have my kids last weekend, I still felt like spending some time with them anyway. Fortunately for me, I have a good friend (JT) with a young daughter and she gets along well with my daughter. Also in my favor, he lives pretty close to where my children live. We made impromptu plans (on friday) to hang out on Saturday (with kids in tow), drink some beer, and charr some meat. Mmm...beer and charred meat!

I picked up some tasty pre-marinated meat from the Butcher and headed over to JT's house for some weekend mischief. I don't think my kids really get out much while they're at their mother's house, so I felt it was necessary to save them from another boring day of hanging out at home. They were really stoked to see me, especially since it was out of the ordinary. The boy didn't have anyone to play with, but he was happy to use the spare computer in the house to occupy himself.

Offspring Symbiosis

I"ll digress for a moment to point out that I think I'm going to make it a habit to spend more time with them on the weekends since all I do normally on my time away from them is game and watch the tube. They make me feel like I'm needed and I think I need that more than anything right now. It's a funny symbiosis, children and their parents. We need them equally as much as they need us in their lives...at least it happens for me like that.

Work Busy-ness

Since my Supervisor's position has now been dissolved, my team has been integrated with another group in my organization. Although the changes to my job tasks have been a little overwelming, I've found the extra work good for at least making the days go by faster. The drawback to this change in the org is that I'm responsible for more but getting paid the same. How convenient for them (the ones benefitting from the extra work without pay), isn't it?

I'm not bitter over it yet, in fact, it makes me feel that I'm more valuable as an employee. Others, however are starting to polish their resumes to move onto greener pastures. I have yet to blow the dust off my resume, but I think the time has come for me to update it and see what's out there.

As a result of all the extra work, I dont have the same opportunites to blog as I did previously. Hopefully this will slow down after the holidays are over. 'Then why are you blogging at work Tob?', you ask?

Uh, well, when the cat is away, the mice will play.

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I chalk blogging at work to a smoke break.
And since I don't smoke....I get to blog. It's that simple.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Thats a good idea Punky!

Its funny how that work can do that...how its better when its busy. I am slammed right now..But I guess I am taking my smoke break!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I guess that how my ex feels when he has the kids. Thanks for that insight Tobi. It's nice to hear how it is for the dads who don't have full access.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Mummy said...

yay, i love it when the mice play all over the blogs and the cats have no idea!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home